I found something that might help other CF's

Faust

BTW if anyone regardless of age wants to use regular antibiotics and oil of oregano and is a tad concerned of overkill, you can ask your doctor which brand of probiotic bacteria supplement that he recommends, to keep your bodies natural flora healthy. Oil of oregano by it's nature leaves "good" bacteria alone, but a strong antibiotic being used with oil of oregano at the same time, i'd say it would be best to use the probiotic.

Faust

Yes im currently on collistin, though I think it's pretty close to worthless if not flat out worthless. When i started using it in the begining, it felt like it helped, but for a long time now it hasnt done much of anything (that was before the oregano oil).

anonymous

Thank you. My son informed my of this and I just ordered him some. I hope it works. He has always been pretty lucky with CF. Only had one bout of being hospitalized when he was 18. He is now in his early 20's and feels himself getting tired more often than not, and has grown a resistible strain to toby. This is the first thing he is excited about trying since the turmeric phase. Hopefully, this isn't bs and does actually work! Thanks for posting. I'll link the page to him.

littletaylor

after hearing about this oregano oil, my mom and i thought we would give it a shot.
so far, i've been taking it about two weeks or so and have been starting to feel pretty crappy, but it may be because i have quite a few more bugs in my body than you did. and while i am feeling not my best, i feel like i'm coughing up stuff that is a lot less sticky than it used to be, i also had something happen this morning when i woke up that has never occurred before.

i woke up to the usual coughing fit, we c.f.er's all know what i'm referring to, and like many people i've coughed up blood before, which i started to do, but this time it wasn't like actual blood, it looked old, like it had been down there for months. i looked like my lungs were bringing up old layers of sputum i couldn't get out before, even with my vest because i have never seen blood come up unless it was fresh.

i could be wrong, but i see this as possibly being a step in my body getting pulled out of the "healthy-sick-healthy-sick again" routine. and i hope it is.

anyway, good luck to everyone who tries the oregano! i hope you have luck with it like i think i am. :)

littletaylor

after hearing about this oregano oil, my mom and i thought we would give it a shot.
so far, i've been taking it about two weeks or so and have been starting to feel pretty crappy, but it may be because i have quite a few more bugs in my body than you did. and while i am feeling not my best, i feel like i'm coughing up stuff that is a lot less sticky than it used to be, i also had something happen this morning when i woke up that has never occurred before.

i woke up to the usual coughing fit, we c.f.er's all know what i'm referring to, and like many people i've coughed up blood before, which i started to do, but this time it wasn't like actual blood, it looked old, like it had been down there for months. i looked like my lungs were bringing up old layers of sputum i couldn't get out before, even with my vest because i have never seen blood come up unless it was fresh.

i could be wrong, but i see this as possibly being a step in my body getting pulled out of the "healthy-sick-healthy-sick again" routine. and i hope it is.

anyway, good luck to everyone who tries the oregano! i hope you have luck with it like i think i am. :)

W

witzersmom

woah.. a long lot to chew on lol! Please keep posting results! Thanks!<br>

W

witzersmom

woah.. a long lot to chew on lol! Please keep posting results! Thanks!<br>