I just got listed

Marjolein

Hi Kim

I had my tx in August of last year. I had a multi resistent pseudo. When i had my tx, only Tobra showed to be sensitive, Colistin had been resistent for a little while but i still had Coli nebs.

Post tx i did have a small infection in my news lungs. It wasn't much but they could see a bit of shadow on the x-ray and the bronch they did 12 hours post tx showed pseudo too. When they had the results they started me on Tobra iv's and i was on Colistin nebs too (till i was discharged from hospital 3.5 weeks later). I was on Tobra iv's for about 10 days i think.
My x-ray was clear and my lungs sounded better too.

The next bronch i had just before my discharge from the hospital showed no pseudo in my lungs. So the treatment with only one iv drug did help me get rid of it.
I always had 3 strains of pseudo or more in my old lungs.

Recent throat cultures (about 4 months ago) showed pseudo in my throat again (most likely from my sinusses) that is a little more sensitive again (Tobra, Colistin and one other...) and it is not bothering my lungs.

My docs were worried about it too, before i had my tx. That is one of the reasons why they monitored me very closely and one of the reasons they hoped i didn't have to wait too long. They said that when they would find that no drug was sensitive anymore, that they would try synergy (?) testing, where they can find out if different drugs do work together even though they don't work alone.

Good luck with everything! I hope that you won't have to wait too long

Marjolein

Hi Kim

I had my tx in August of last year. I had a multi resistent pseudo. When i had my tx, only Tobra showed to be sensitive, Colistin had been resistent for a little while but i still had Coli nebs.

Post tx i did have a small infection in my news lungs. It wasn't much but they could see a bit of shadow on the x-ray and the bronch they did 12 hours post tx showed pseudo too. When they had the results they started me on Tobra iv's and i was on Colistin nebs too (till i was discharged from hospital 3.5 weeks later). I was on Tobra iv's for about 10 days i think.

The next bronch i had just before my discharge from the hospital showed no pseudo in my lungs. So the treatment with only one iv drug did help me get rid of it.

Recent throat cultures (about 4 months ago) showed pseudo in my throat again (most likely from my sinusses) that is a little more sensitive again (Tobra, Colistin and one other...) and it is not bothering my lungs.

My docs were worried about it too, before i had my tx. That is one of the reasons why they monitored me very closely and one of the reasons they hoped i didn't have to wait too long. They said that when they would find that no drug was sensitive anymore, that they would try synergy (?) testing, where they can find out if different drugs do work together even though they don't work alone.

Marjolein

Hi Kim

Marjolein

Hi Kim

Marjolein

Hi Kim

kbquincy

Thanks so much Marjolein. I really appreciate your story. It helps so much since. The transplant center has been so focused on this that it makes me nervous. What do you do when it is in your throat? Do you start colistin or tobi neb? Do you ever nebulize via the nose? That may not even work. Just curious. Take care, and blessings to you.

kbquincy

Thanks so much Marjolein. I really appreciate your story. It helps so much since. The transplant center has been so focused on this that it makes me nervous. What do you do when it is in your throat? Do you start colistin or tobi neb? Do you ever nebulize via the nose? That may not even work. Just curious. Take care, and blessings to you.

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy