Incessant throat clearing & voice loss

erock77

I guess it's been going on for years, but it seems worse lately. I asked my doc a couple years ago about the annoying throat clearing, I almost continuously feel the urge to clear my throat. She advised I be more dilligent w/ airway clearance, get a vest, etc. Well, I've done that and I still get it.

It feels like there's something caught in my throat, likely mucus of some sort. But it just gets raw when I keep clearing. Also I start losing my voice, or it becomes harder to project sound. I start sounding like the stereotypical CF voice too. (no offense). But any tips or remedies would be greatly appreciated.

erock77

I guess it's been going on for years, but it seems worse lately. I asked my doc a couple years ago about the annoying throat clearing, I almost continuously feel the urge to clear my throat. She advised I be more dilligent w/ airway clearance, get a vest, etc. Well, I've done that and I still get it.

It feels like there's something caught in my throat, likely mucus of some sort. But it just gets raw when I keep clearing. Also I start losing my voice, or it becomes harder to project sound. I start sounding like the stereotypical CF voice too. (no offense). But any tips or remedies would be greatly appreciated.

erock77

erock77

erock77

<br />
<br />It feels like there's something caught in my throat, likely mucus of some sort. But it just gets raw when I keep clearing. Also I start losing my voice, or it becomes harder to project sound. I start sounding like the stereotypical CF voice too. (no offense). But any tips or remedies would be greatly appreciated.

serendipity730

Hi Eric,

I don't really have any advice, but I can sympathize with the voice loss. Every time I get the slighest cold (and sometimes just randomly)I lose my voice. This just started within the last few years. I usually just try to drink lots of herbal tea.

serendipity730

Hi Eric,

I don't really have any advice, but I can sympathize with the voice loss. Every time I get the slighest cold (and sometimes just randomly)I lose my voice. This just started within the last few years. I usually just try to drink lots of herbal tea.

serendipity730

Hi Eric,

serendipity730

Hi Eric,

serendipity730

Hi Eric,
<br />
<br />I don't really have any advice, but I can sympathize with the voice loss. Every time I get the slighest cold (and sometimes just randomly)I lose my voice. This just started within the last few years. I usually just try to drink lots of herbal tea.

JazzysMom

Have you been seen by an ENT? We have a few patients who had sinus surgery & the symptoms you speak of subsided.....

Also allergies is another culprit!

If you havent had either addressed, I would start there!

JazzysMom

Have you been seen by an ENT? We have a few patients who had sinus surgery & the symptoms you speak of subsided.....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Also allergies is another culprit!
<br />
<br />If you havent had either addressed, I would start there!

A

Aspiemom

Allergies and the sinus drainage make me want to clear my throat more at times.

I know about the voice loss. I haven't had my voice since around Jan. 10. Not sure if the IV abx started it or what. The dr. told me this week to really hydrate myself and to not TRY to talk or whisper and give the vocal folds a complete rest to heal. Whispering is worse than trying to talk, by the way.

A

Aspiemom

I know about the voice loss. I haven't had my voice since around Jan. 10. Not sure if the IV abx started it or what. The dr. told me this week to really hydrate myself and to not TRY to talk or whisper and give the vocal folds a complete rest to heal. Whispering is worse than trying to talk, by the way.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />I know about the voice loss. I haven't had my voice since around Jan. 10. Not sure if the IV abx started it or what. The dr. told me this week to really hydrate myself and to not TRY to talk or whisper and give the vocal folds a complete rest to heal. Whispering is worse than trying to talk, by the way.