Infection fighting benefits of exercise

Melissa75

Administrator
http://ntmnews.com/index.php/natural-compounds-and-therapies/exercise

This is an inspiring article. It explains some ways in which exercise helps fight infection. Explains why my past yrs of heavy exercise have meant fewer exacerbations for me even through my FEV1 keeps dropping. (hey, you take what you can get! Who knows how much it would've dropped who exercise.)

I had similar theories so it was great to see them articulated. The increased circulation of immune cells (antibodies, WBC)--I had known about in theory because my allergy shot nurse told me NOT to exercise for several hrs after getting the shots b/c it circulated the allergen too fast. Also, last time I got a flu shot, I exercise really hard afterward and was running a fever by the end of the day (my theory being that my immune sys got too busy fighting my usual bacteria and the pseudo flu).

4hats

I too believe exercise fights infections. The stronger you are the better your body fights illness. The key is to get an exercise routine that works for a person and stick with it. Discipline and will power are needed. The benefits will then come.

briannavanzetti

I personally 100% agree with the statement that exercise helps you to fight against illnes and infections. People who do exercise or even do daily walk in the morning are healthier than the other who donot prefer to walk on regular basis. If you cannot do walk early in the morning then atleast make a habbit of excercise in the evening after your working hours.

W

welshwitch

Yes! I haven't been sick once since I restarted my "religion" (running) back in February.