Julie: The Courage to Breathe

juliesdreamteam

All,

Over a year ago, I became a member of CysticFibrosis.com. I shared the creation of Julie's Dream Team with you all. A team that does nothing but drink beer and eat pizza/wings. To date, our methods of asking those to "Live life...help others live theirs" has generated over $250,000 for CF research. This website was a crucial to providing me with the knowledge I needed as a CF husband. To this community, I am eternally grateful.

One year ago, my Julie was inches away from death. Today, she's doing wonderfully after a double-lung transplant. She's returned to full-time work and she's living life to its fullest, honoring her donor each day.

I wrote her story. I have directed the publisher to send payments to the CF Foundation for research. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Julie: The Courage to Breathe will go towards finding a cure. I don't need money....I need a cure to realize my Julie's dream and the dream of thousands of others.

My hope is that you all will visit our site: www.juliesdreamteam.com and join the thousands across America (we have a FaceBook group) that have answered the call to live life, helping all of us find the cure that is desperately needed by so many. If you buy the book (and you should), know that we'll never profit from this venture. I know you don't know me from Adam but I know that her story will help inspire others to never give up. It will help others that are married to a cystic (fyi....the editor and I fought over the term "cystic". He said it's not a word. I agreed and told him it's a way of life. We won!) cope and understand that WE CAN BEAT CF!

NEVER GIVE UP! We can cure it. I believe it in my soul.

God Bless...CURECF!!!

Roy E. Ice
www.juliesdreamteam.com

JORDYSMOM

Hi Roy. It's been a while. I've been wondering about you guys. So glad to hear Julie got her lungs. I know you work hard to raise money & awareness. I appreciate all you do.

Stacey

juliesdreamteam

Thanks Stacey. It's been a tough but wonderful year. Being a caregiver for a cystic is tough work. Being a caregiver for a cystic that's received new lungs is twice as difficult at first but as life as settled down a bit, the work lessens. We're ready to kick finding a cure into high gear. I hope you all garner inspiration from her story. Keep pushing forward. I believe it in my soul, that we can find the cure for CF.

God Bless...CURECF!!!

Roy E. Ice