Lingula pain

4hats

I was diagnosed last year with a lingula that was collapsing and that is plagued with bronchiectasis. When it flares up it causes a good deal of pain on my left side, right under my left chest. It can be quite annoying and sometimes can make it difficult to beathe. The pain had disappeared for a while, but now it is back after taking a 6 month absence. Is this typical? Does it come and go for you or is it steady all the time? Will the pain ever simply just go away for good, once there is a total collapse? When I feel it act up I do some clapping on the left side in case there is an obstruction that needs to move along. I'm interested to know your experience with all of this and how you manage. Thanks for your help.

Melissa75

Administrator
I can relate. Big time. I get pain anywhere where I brew an infection. But the lingula is more chronic. The acapella can help in my case--back pressure opening airways. Also antiinflammatories and hot-water bottle.

4hats

I can relate. Big time. I get pain anywhere where I brew an infection. But the lingula is more chronic. The acapella can help in my case--back pressure opening airways. Also antiinflammatories and hot-water bottle.

Thanks for the suggestions and sharing your experience.

K

kgfrompa

Just was told this is the reason for my pain it is so painful and since I have had 19 chest tubes they are sending me to a pain clinic,It acts up when I have more mucus and when it is humid out I will say I suffer 20 days out of the month,I really do not want to go to strong drugs but I can not live like this the doctors said it is like Pleurisy and that is the reason Thank you all for letting me know I am not alone I wish you did not have to hurt so