Low Progesterone Levels

Jennifer1981

Okay, I'm not jumping back on the "baby bandwagon" but...

I am getting a period every 30 days like clockwork; however, the OV kits don't seem to ever get a real dark second line. The line is faintly there but not real dark. Sometimes my temps aren't quite right either. Also when I'm supposed to be fertile, I am but not as much as I should be. I do tend to get "wet" without actually being excited around week 3. Wouldn't that be too late?

Now another point... In November, I saw an "Energy Healer". I was actually seeing her for my CF but did mention that I was trying to conceive. Now I didn't think she helped with the CF, so I stopped going. But she mentioned something that now is in my face. SHE SAID I HAD LOW PROGESTERONE LEVELS... Huh...

Maybe she was right??? My period is due again tomorrow, and it's coming.

I read on the internet that a low level could be detected post-OV so I guess I would have to wait until next cycle. I also read that creams, Clomid, and a couple natural pills with herbs can be used to fix the problem. It can be quite simple, really. I would be willing to try the creams or herbal pills.

Yes, my CM is abnormal. But...can progesterone levels affect that too???? I CM appears to be closest to eggwhites in week 3, not week 2. One issue at a time.

Please any information on low progesterone levels. I DO HAVE EXTREME PMS (I USE TO BE ON PROZAC THE WEEK PRIOR TO MY PERIODS), HEAVY BLEEDING, HISTORY OF A LEFT OVARIAN CYST, AND SUCH MOODINESS THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO EVEN LOOK AT ME!!!

Jennifer1981

I am getting a period every 30 days like clockwork; however, the OV kits don't seem to ever get a real dark second line. The line is faintly there but not real dark. Sometimes my temps aren't quite right either. Also when I'm supposed to be fertile, I am but not as much as I should be. I do tend to get "wet" without actually being excited around week 3. Wouldn't that be too late?

Now another point... In November, I saw an "Energy Healer". I was actually seeing her for my CF but did mention that I was trying to conceive. Now I didn't think she helped with the CF, so I stopped going. But she mentioned something that now is in my face. SHE SAID I HAD LOW PROGESTERONE LEVELS... Huh...

I read on the internet that a low level could be detected post-OV so I guess I would have to wait until next cycle. I also read that creams, Clomid, and a couple natural pills with herbs can be used to fix the problem. It can be quite simple, really. I would be willing to try the creams or herbal pills.

Yes, my CM is abnormal. But...can progesterone levels affect that too???? I CM appears to be closest to eggwhites in week 3, not week 2. One issue at a time.

Please any information on low progesterone levels. I DO HAVE EXTREME PMS (I USE TO BE ON PROZAC THE WEEK PRIOR TO MY PERIODS), HEAVY BLEEDING, HISTORY OF A LEFT OVARIAN CYST, AND SUCH MOODINESS THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO EVEN LOOK AT ME!!!

Jennifer1981

Jennifer1981

OH, and yes, I called the doctor to order the bloodtest or at least get the script so I can get it tested. A blood test is much better than another PAP and pelvic. LOL!

Jennifer1981

OH, and yes, I called the doctor to order the bloodtest or at least get the script so I can get it tested. A blood test is much better than another PAP and pelvic. LOL!

Jennifer1981

wanderlost

look at your luteal phase - the time after you ovulate until your period starts. to sustain pregnancy it needs to be a minimum of 10 days but preferably 12-14. a short luteal phase can indicate a problem with progesterone. your doc can do bloodwork in this time if you want. also, it is possible to have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome0 and regular periods (it is less likely, but possible) and that too could afffect things. your doc could also do an internal u/s to look for this, but you would have to insist since you don't present typical pcos symptoms.

a progesterone supposotory can help with luteal phase defects if you actuallty have one.

let us know what you find!

wanderlost

look at your luteal phase - the time after you ovulate until your period starts. to sustain pregnancy it needs to be a minimum of 10 days but preferably 12-14. a short luteal phase can indicate a problem with progesterone. your doc can do bloodwork in this time if you want. also, it is possible to have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome0 and regular periods (it is less likely, but possible) and that too could afffect things. your doc could also do an internal u/s to look for this, but you would have to insist since you don't present typical pcos symptoms.

a progesterone supposotory can help with luteal phase defects if you actuallty have one.

wanderlost

AnD

Low progesterone was my biggest problem with conceiving. I ended up taking the shots (clomid wasn't enough, nor was the first kind of shots we tried). My periods have pretty much been like clockwork with normal to heavy periods (every 28-30 days, and around 10 days late every 3 years or so) and terrible PMS (bad bloating, water gain, moodiness, etc.). My best friend also had low progesterone, but her cycles ran around 40 days, and she got pregnant 3 times without any "help". My problem was (aside from the cf) that my eggs weren't maturing enough because of the low progesterone (diagnosed by ultrasound). I'd get the blood tests done and see what they say- and the shots really weren't <i>that </i>bad- my DH gave them to me in the hip/rump each night.

AnD

Low progesterone was my biggest problem with conceiving. I ended up taking the shots (clomid wasn't enough, nor was the first kind of shots we tried). My periods have pretty much been like clockwork with normal to heavy periods (every 28-30 days, and around 10 days late every 3 years or so) and terrible PMS (bad bloating, water gain, moodiness, etc.). My best friend also had low progesterone, but her cycles ran around 40 days, and she got pregnant 3 times without any "help". My problem was (aside from the cf) that my eggs weren't maturing enough because of the low progesterone (diagnosed by ultrasound). I'd get the blood tests done and see what they say- and the shots really weren't <i>that </i>bad- my DH gave them to me in the hip/rump each night.

AnD

Jennifer1981

I had a transvaginal ultrasound in October - November 2006 for a left ovarian cyst. That would have showed how many follicles were in at least the left ovary, right? That way PCOS could be ruled out, right? Or was that too long ago? I called the clinic yesterday for the results. They will probably call me back today.

Also, I am still waiting for the CF/GYN doctor to call. I'm not sure which one will order the bloodwork. I read that they will probably order a FSH/LH ratio for PCOS, Prolactin, Progesterone, and maybe a thyroid level draw which is usually connected with a low Progesterone level. I also read that you can get your periods like clockwork as long as your estrogen levels are fine or even high, thus causing estrogen domance and low progesterone. That would make sense as to why my periods are so regular. A day or two off at the most, which is a rare event.

Another note, AnD, you mentioned about bloating. I get so bloated around my period that I look about 5 months pregnant, according to my Mom. I'll start the day out wearing a size 4 pants/shorts and end wearing sweatpants/sweatshorts because the morning size button and zipper won't even close. It's pretty bad.

There was something else that I wanted to say, but I forget. Thanks for the info. I'll keep ya posted!!

Jennifer1981

I had a transvaginal ultrasound in October - November 2006 for a left ovarian cyst. That would have showed how many follicles were in at least the left ovary, right? That way PCOS could be ruled out, right? Or was that too long ago? I called the clinic yesterday for the results. They will probably call me back today.

Also, I am still waiting for the CF/GYN doctor to call. I'm not sure which one will order the bloodwork. I read that they will probably order a FSH/LH ratio for PCOS, Prolactin, Progesterone, and maybe a thyroid level draw which is usually connected with a low Progesterone level. I also read that you can get your periods like clockwork as long as your estrogen levels are fine or even high, thus causing estrogen domance and low progesterone. That would make sense as to why my periods are so regular. A day or two off at the most, which is a rare event.

Another note, AnD, you mentioned about bloating. I get so bloated around my period that I look about 5 months pregnant, according to my Mom. I'll start the day out wearing a size 4 pants/shorts and end wearing sweatpants/sweatshorts because the morning size button and zipper won't even close. It's pretty bad.

There was something else that I wanted to say, but I forget. Thanks for the info. I'll keep ya posted!!

Jennifer1981

Jennifer1981

Okay, the doctor office called, well, one of them...

The cyst that was found on my left ovary was a compound cyst, not a follicular. As far as how many follicles were in each ovary, that I didn't have any luck with. She said there was no indication.

I'm still waiting to see from my CF/GYN doctors which blood tests they recommend. Keep ya posted!

Jennifer1981

The cyst that was found on my left ovary was a compound cyst, not a follicular. As far as how many follicles were in each ovary, that I didn't have any luck with. She said there was no indication.

I'm still waiting to see from my CF/GYN doctors which blood tests they recommend. Keep ya posted!

Jennifer1981

LouLou

Jenny, I'm enjoying reading your journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. I find all this fertility stuff so interesting.

LouLou

Jenny, I'm enjoying reading your journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. I find all this fertility stuff so interesting.