Not sure what is happening

kbquincy

Hi, I had part of my lung removed 4 years ago. The lower right lobe with basically gone and I had a giant bleb in my lung that was removed (like a big cyst). My doctor said it was impeding my lung function. He compared it to a plant that has lots of dead leaves on it. If you don't remove the bad leaves, it takes energy away from the plant. I think it was the same for lungs. The bad part of the lung was causing a lot of infection and obstruction. He did not remove the entire lung though. I hope you get some answers from your doc. Take care, Kim

kbquincy

Hi, I had part of my lung removed 4 years ago. The lower right lobe with basically gone and I had a giant bleb in my lung that was removed (like a big cyst). My doctor said it was impeding my lung function. He compared it to a plant that has lots of dead leaves on it. If you don't remove the bad leaves, it takes energy away from the plant. I think it was the same for lungs. The bad part of the lung was causing a lot of infection and obstruction. He did not remove the entire lung though. I hope you get some answers from your doc. Take care, Kim

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

nanni1997

hi psymon,
my little sister had her right lung removed in july05. she healed remarkably well. she was feeling well enough to run around and play with the other kids within a month after surgery (1st time in her life she really could do that). it has given us 2 1/2 more years before having to get a transplant ... we live in the new orleans area ... so if you live in an area with better air quality you probably will do better.

i will keep you and your wife in my prayers

nanni1997

hi psymon,
my little sister had her right lung removed in july05. she healed remarkably well. she was feeling well enough to run around and play with the other kids within a month after surgery (1st time in her life she really could do that). it has given us 2 1/2 more years before having to get a transplant ... we live in the new orleans area ... so if you live in an area with better air quality you probably will do better.

nanni1997

hi psymon,

nanni1997

hi psymon,

nanni1997

hi psymon,