Now that summer's here

Liza

Now that summer is here and most teens like to sleep in can you guys tell me how you fit in your morning treatments? My daughters hate getting up in the morning but with summer here sometimes they don't want to get out of bed until late, almost afternoon somedays. Soemtimes not getting treatments started until noon. I was just wondering what other CF teens do. Do you see a difference in how you feel when you sleep late? Usually the day starts at 6am to get treatments in before getting ready for school. There's no way I'm getting them up at 6am, not to mention I myself love an extra hour of sleep in the summer. So I was just curious what other CF teens did. Thanks!Liza

Mandaberrie

Just let them sleep late. my mom did. I get started late to so as soon as i get up i do a treatment. i usualy take a shower first cust the steam seems to help loosen up mucous so i can cough out what at the top so the treatment can go farther down. i don't notice a difference as long as they get there usualy amount of treatments in for the day. if the take three take one when they get up say 12 then another about 4 or 5 then one an 30 min to an hour before bed. i notice i i take a treatment right before i go to sleep i have a harder time getting to sleep and have a restless sleep. if they feel they need one in the middle of the night they can do an inhaler or a treatment if they wake up needing one. If i wake up in the middle of the night i usualy take half a treatment or an inhaler puff depending on the need. only half a treatment because theats usualy how long i can stay awake so half to all doesn't realy matter as long as you get what you need. and sleep is very much needed. hope i helped somehowamanda berrie

anonymous

I'm a college student, so I know all about the desire to sleep in! I just do my therapy right when I get up. I did ask my doctor about this once, and she said that she didn't think it mattered BUT she didn't want me sleeping in so late that I didn't eat three square meals a day. So I always make sure to eat breakfast and lunch, even when I get up at 11 or noon.

Liza

Thanks you guys. I let her sleep until noon, well 11:45 the other day before I got her up. She said I let her sleep too late. How funny is that? I don't know if it was because she wanted to get up and do something and half the day was gone or if she was just kinda dragging from sleeping too late. Of course she didn't tell me that until about 10 that night. I do make sure that she still gets all her meals in. She doesn't normally eat "breakfast" type of food anyway but we make sure she gets breakfast even if it's at 11 am then lunch about 2 or 3 pm then dinner at 7pm. which is the normal time we eat dinner anyway. Again, thanks for your opinion, it helps hearing from other CF teens or young adults. Liza

anonymous

Hey everyone. I'm new to this whole thing but I was just wondering, what exactly IS CF? My baby cousin was born 2 days ago and they think he might have it. I'm really worried and was just wondering if I could get some information on it.

anonymous

OK iam a 12 year old girl with cf. I will not lie it is a seirous diease it effects your respotory and digestive system. You need to take medicine to eat in order to correctly digest ur food u also need to do treaments to clear the mucious from ur lungs. I wish your cousin the best and as long as you encoyurage him/her he will be ok

anonymous

Hi, I was wondering if one or any of you would like to sign up to this group of support forums and post about your illness. I think people need to know more about it and that people do get on with their lives with it. Also it would be great if you could give advice to people about it.Thank you very much.http://illnessesnz.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi

anonymous

Hi everyone, i'm a female turning 19 and i have cf. I hate doing treatments and i havent accepted myself as a person yet. Is anyone willing to email me to talk to me and let me vent?let me know guys...thanksAshP.s. I dont know anyone that has cystic fibrosis and i would like some friends that have it as well so we have a common bond. I think that would help me out a lot.

anonymous

Hi Ash,My name is Amanda, I am 20. I would love to talk to you. You can vent all you want. I am a good listener. You can e-mail me at akcooper_01@hotmail.com I hate doing all the treatments too but have to do them. UGH so annouying. But anyway Hope to hear from you.Amanda B

anonymous

Hey my name is Emily and I am 19 with CF. Feel free to e-mail anytime! My address is emm244@hotmail.com, but please put "CF" or something of that nature in the title so I don't delete it with the spam mail. Thanks