Omeprazole for babies/small kids

ymikhale

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>Thought I would share the info, even though i am not sure it is the same way in the US. My dd has been taking Omeprazole for reflux for 3 years now. She does not swallow capsules so i was just emptying the contents (the littles granules) into some food for her.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>It turned out that although the brand name (Mopral here in France) drug has gastro resistant granules, the generic drug only has gastro resistant CAPSULES, meaning the drug might not have been working properly b/c she ws not taking the capsules.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>So I thought it might be a good idea to check with the doctor regarding this if your baby is taking generic drug.</P>

ymikhale

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>Thought I would share the info, even though i am not sure it is the same way in the US. My dd has been taking Omeprazole for reflux for 3 years now. She does not swallow capsules so i was just emptying the contents (the littles granules) into some food for her.</P>
<P></P>
<P>It turned out that although the brand name (Mopral here in France) drug has gastro resistant granules, the generic drug only has gastro resistant CAPSULES, meaning the drug might not have been working properly b/c she ws not taking the capsules.</P>
<P></P>
<P>So I thought it might be a good idea to check with the doctor regarding this if your baby is taking generic drug.</P>

ymikhale

<P>Hi all,</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>So I thought it might be a good idea to check with the doctor regarding this if your baby is taking generic drug.<BR></P>