Prayers for Lezly Hodge

G

gwo8385

I am so grateful for the improvements! Continuing to pray for her recovery.:)
Thank you Jenny for posting the updates.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:00PM Monday: Today was an OK day for Lez... she slept a lot of the day but did do phys therapy twice... they want her to build up her shoulder and thoracic muscles to help her lungs and breathing to prepare for weaning off the vent... 6 weeks in a bed has played a cruel trick on her muscles and coordination... it's gonna take some time for those muscles to strengthen... but we add that to the promises we are standing on and just believe... and pray on!!!
They posted a pic of her last night. She was smiling as always!! Praying for you Lez!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:54AM Tuesday: Another sleepy but good day... phys therapy has been in here and worked with Lez and she did well... the nurse today has also been working with her trying to build her shoulder, arm and thoracic muscles... her CO2 is still a bit high but not alarmingly so... she's communicating a little better... her spirits are kinda low today... they've pulled one of her IV lines because she didn't need it anymore and also to lessen the chance of infection from the entry site... thanks to all who are standing with us....
LEZLY UPDATE 10:22PM Tuesday: We told Lez goodnight at 10 instead of waiting until 11... she was getting sleepy... I think it was because of the therapy that made her tired... they did give her an anti-anxiety med about 9 also... it turned out to be a pretty good day even though the morning was a bit rough... praying her CO2 levels go down so she can start off alert first thing... praying for a another good day tomorrow and standing on the promise....

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:30AM Thursday: Lez finally woke up a few minutes ago... her Co2 was 70 (down 4 points) :) Her O2 is staying in the mid to upper 90's... phys therapy was here before she woke up and just decided to let her sleep and work with her this afternoon... She is completely off anti-biotics because the dr says her pneumonia is gone... now we just focus on strength and getting her off the vent as soon as she reaches that point... still listed as critical but making baby steps in the right direction... standing and waiting... thanks to all for prayers....

JENNYC

Sorry guys!!! Work and personal stuff keeping me occupied today :)
LEZLY UPDATE 10:20PM Saturday: Lez is improving... she was in the therapy chair twice today for a total of about 3.5 hours... they've stopped doing the blood gasses tests... she now just has to build her strength and stamina for getting off the vent... short term goal- getting able to walk and then wean off the vent... then possible trip to St. Louis for evaluation for inclusion on transplant list... we're praying for no transplant needed and gonna stand on that.... thanks everyone!!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 10:25AM Sunday: the morning is off to a shaky start... LEZLY is trying to get rid off a lot of mucus this morning and the only way it can come out is to be suctioned and that takes a lot out of her energy wise... And makes her feel anxious which causes her to breathe too fast... so she gets calming med and that causes sleepiness... Prayers for calm spirit and strength... Standing on the full promise.... Thanks y'all.... — with Lezly Hodgeand 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 11:02PM Sunday: Today ended a bit better than it started... this afternoon Lez asked to be helped into the therapy chair and stayed in it for a little better than an hour... she was tired afterwards and took a short nap... after a bath and bed change she was awake for a while and communicated with me and Neen before getting sleepy again... praying she'll have a restful and strengthening night... and also for her fightin' side to be freshly renewed... we're still standing and calling it done... thanks to all....
— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE Monday Afternoon: A good day
here... LEZLY has been awake since 8 this morning... She's been in the therapy chair for a while and is doing good... She keeps trying to fix her hair and wanting to brush her teeth... She smiles at me when I look up from doing this status... Will post a pic of her in a few minutes if she wants me to... Standing firm!... Thanks y'all!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:00PM Monday: Bedtime for Lez.. she stayed up most of last night unable to sleep and only grabbed a couple of catnaps today... she is tired and they gave her some calming meds a little while ago so she should be sleeping all night... it was a pretty good day today... she communicated well although we don't read lips very good (she can't make sounds or words with the type of trach she has)... we're praying for an even better day tomorrow... i have some ideas to help her with her phys therapy, we'll see if they work out... she's gonna get off the vent, I'm standing on that... thanks for all the prayers and support...

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:15pm Tuesday:today has been a strangish sort of day... She slept for a lot of the day but worked pretty good with the therapists... Then she got antsy and anxious about 6 or so and needed some med to calm down... Now she's antsy again and will need the nighttime med to help her sleep again... Kind of a bumpy road all day.. But tomorrow will be better we are certain... And we stand.... Thanks to you all!!! — with Lezly Hodgeand 2 others at Sparks ICU.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:30am Tuesday: a bit of a sleepy day today... A minor equipment malfunction (a vent connection popped apart) caused Lez to panic... It was before ICU opened this morning... They had to give her a med to calm her down and then followed it at 9 with another regular scheduled med to ease anxiety... So she's sleeping... Phys therapy has been here and worked with her as best they could... They said they'd be back later to work with her again... Thanks to all! Standing... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others at Sparks ICU.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11PM Thursday: Dr N said X-rays and blood work showed much improvement in just 24 hrs time.....so thank you for the prayers! We're gonna stay on the plan that we're on for now. Wade and I have come home for a few days for some much needed rest....no worries tho, Lez isn't by herself. Very thankful that my sister, Cindy and brother-in-law, James is able to stay in our place!! We are blessed by your prayers, love and support!!! — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 9:20AM Sunday: LEZLY had a pretty good night according to the night nurse... Her vitals were pretty stable and the volume of air thru the lungs per minute has improved... Her CO2 level is still above 130 but no telling how high it was yesterday (may have been 160 then and just above 130 today... She is moving her arms and legs more today... Please continue to pray as she is back in the deep dark woods it seems.... Thanks to all... Still standing.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JustDucky

Been following this thread for some time now...I really pray that Lezly rallies soon, what a journey she has been through (and continues). Sending healing vibes to her and prayers all around

Jenn 40 wCF

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 10:25AM Monday: so far it's been a sleepy day here... No blood gases test was done last night but I'm guessing her CO2 level is still high... She's pretty much out of it but she has responded to my voice and turned her head and tried to open her eyes... Today would be a good day for her miracle to start showing itself... We're expecting a good day and standing.... Thanks for the prayers for her and us.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

I'm not sure what is going on but this was also posted:
Pray please.. Something is going on!! — with Lezly Hodgeand Neen Hodge.

I pray that it is something wonderful!! Praying Lezly! Praying so hard!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 4:35PM Monday: this afternoon things got a little rough... Lez's blood pressure started dropping and they had to start an iv to try and bring it up... Not sure what caused it... The resp therapist later tried to suction her lungs and while doing so, yellowish liquid started coming out of her mouth... The dr saw this and ordered a tube to be put thru her nose and into her stomach to pull out what was in there... They pumped out almost a quart of stuff... Don't know if this caused the earlier problem but her vitals have stabilized some and she's resting better than before.... Thanks so much for the prayers on her behalf... I know they most definitely helped!!!
— with Lezly Hodge and 3 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 11:15PM Monday: They've locked down ICU... Just before we had to leave, Lez's vital signs are still stable... she's moving her hands and arms... something she was unable to do all day... she responded by squeezing each of our hands when prompted to do so, also unable to do all day... she still pretty much out of it but better than before... we believe another miracle has taken place and full healing is still coming... instantly or not, it's in GOD's hands and in HIS time... standing on that... and that's what we believe (credit to Donnie McClurkin)... thank you everyone who prayed for her today... your prayers were heard....
— with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JennyCoulon

You all are in our thoughts and prayers. I make sure and come by this forum post everyday for an update. Hoping that the updates for tomorrow gets better but glad to know she was doing better by the end of the night. Prayers....(PRAYING)

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:15PM Monday: They've locked down ICU... Just before we had to leave, Lez's vital signs are still stable... she's moving her hands and arms... something she was unable to do all day... she responded by squeezing each of our hands when prompted to do so, also unable to do all day... she still pretty much out of it but better than before... we believe another miracle has taken place and full healing is still coming... instantly or not, it's in GOD's hands and in HIS time... standing on that... and that's what we believe (credit to Donnie McClurkin)... thank you everyone who prayed for her today... your prayers were heard.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 10:30AM Tuesday: Lez's vitals are stable this morning. Her blood pressure is staying up without the meds... The blood gases test this morning showed her CO2 level is down to 116, down from who knows how high above 130... They've changed some of the settings on the vent to move more air thru her lungs... Hopefully this will allow the CO2 to go down even faster... We're expecting things to get better as the day goes... Thanks for keeping us in your prayers! Standing and waiting.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

JENNYC

Well, that's odd they haven't posted an update this morning or last night so I will keep an eye out and pray that everything is ok. I will try to post as soon as I see an update. :)

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 11:00AM Thursday: a sleepy start to the day... Lezly was awake when I got here and responded to my questions but I think the night took a lot out of her... Her vitals are pretty good and we are expecting today to be a good one... No blood gases test last night so I'm not sure what her CO2 levels are... An X-ray scheduled for later will tell us how well the meds last night worked... Thanks for the prayers for us, we need them... Standing standing.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 11:15PM Thursday: Today was a good day... not everything went perfectly but Lez was full aware during the time she wasn't asleep... she communicated with us a lot with facial expressions and nods... she has another round of meds tonight that will likely keep her from getting a full nights rest so she will probably be drowsy most of the day tomorrow... they've scheduled a blood gases test tomorrow morning so we should know her CO2 level... We're praying for lower levels of CO2, increased strength and a calm spirit tomorrow with the continued healing... thank you all so much for standing with us... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

Sorry guys I got so swamped at work yesterday!!