Pregnant Again

tapia

I have CF and was the first born. My parents had three more. I have a sister and two brothers. All three <u>do not </u>have CF...i was the "lucky" one. But you know what? I think my parents made the right choice to have more children. My sister and my brothers are the most loving and they are totally supportive. When I get sick they are at the hospital with me everyday (around their school schedules of course) aswell as my parents. I also feel very happy to have them and i would 20 times rather have the CF than them. In combination with my husband, my daughter, and my parents, my siblings are the ones that cheer me up when i feel down on my CF and always make me feel loved.

So keep in mind that the chance the baby will have CF is there, but it's not for sure...

Best Wishes

Mommy2Alysa

Thanks everyone.

I mean I wouldnt mind if this baby had CF but it's sort of relieving to know that having a child with CF doesnt neccessarily make you a bigger target for another child with CF (if that makes sense, I know the odds dont change or anything).

Mommy2Alysa

Thanks everyone.

I mean I wouldnt mind if this baby had CF but it's sort of relieving to know that having a child with CF doesnt neccessarily make you a bigger target for another child with CF (if that makes sense, I know the odds dont change or anything).

Mommy2Alysa

Thanks everyone.

DEES4

Hi! I have 4 children and only one diagnosed with cf. I had three easy pregnancies and three healthy children before I had my son diagnosed with cf. We were very shocked at the diagnosis since we had already had three other children. But like they say a 1 in 4 chance and that's exactly what we had. My thoughts and prayers are that your new baby will not have cf. I myself cannot imagine having to do all this for more than one child...but like you, if I had to do it of course I would.
Carrie

DEES4

Hi! I have 4 children and only one diagnosed with cf. I had three easy pregnancies and three healthy children before I had my son diagnosed with cf. We were very shocked at the diagnosis since we had already had three other children. But like they say a 1 in 4 chance and that's exactly what we had. My thoughts and prayers are that your new baby will not have cf. I myself cannot imagine having to do all this for more than one child...but like you, if I had to do it of course I would.
Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

R

RiRi

First off Congrats on the second baby. I am right where you are now. I have a 2 1/2 year old with CF and am having another boy in March. I wavied all testing with this one. I did have an in depth ultrasound of the bowel and so far things look good. As many other have said I would just pray about it and seek comfort. The CF was a surprise to you, but not to God. Best Wishes!

R

RiRi

First off Congrats on the second baby. I am right where you are now. I have a 2 1/2 year old with CF and am having another boy in March. I wavied all testing with this one. I did have an in depth ultrasound of the bowel and so far things look good. As many other have said I would just pray about it and seek comfort. The CF was a surprise to you, but not to God. Best Wishes!

R

RiRi

soofeesmom

Can you offer any info regarding PGD? I am the mother of a healthy, cf free 3 month old...however, my husband & I are both CF carriers. We found out we were both carriers during my pregnancy and had a CVS test to find out if the baby had CF. Thankfully, she did not. I would love to have more children, but I don't want to go through that experience again. I do not believe in abortion, however, my husband does not feel the same way. I am scared to try to conceive naturally and I think PGD might be an option for us. I know it is early to start thinking of having more children, but I want to be prepared for our future. Any advice on the process, costs, risks...etc?

soofeesmom

Can you offer any info regarding PGD? I am the mother of a healthy, cf free 3 month old...however, my husband & I are both CF carriers. We found out we were both carriers during my pregnancy and had a CVS test to find out if the baby had CF. Thankfully, she did not. I would love to have more children, but I don't want to go through that experience again. I do not believe in abortion, however, my husband does not feel the same way. I am scared to try to conceive naturally and I think PGD might be an option for us. I know it is early to start thinking of having more children, but I want to be prepared for our future. Any advice on the process, costs, risks...etc?

soofeesmom

Mommy2Alysa

Update:

Got the amnio results back.. this baby does 100% have both the mutated genes that our daugther has so this one has CF also.

Upset and worried? Of course but this way our kids can do their treatments together and give support to one another like my husabnd and I cant. We are only carriers and dont really know what it FEELS like to haev CF whereas our children do and will be able to support each other in a way that a lot of "normal" siblings cant.

Thanks for your encouraging words and I am not that scared anymore. Having two with CF wont be that much more life changing then having one (except for teh hospital visits). We'll just take it one day at a time. Like someone said in a previous post, I wouldnt trade my kids for the world.