Probiotic

ymikhale

<P>My dd has been on a probiotic for something like 2 years now, lately I have been giving her the brand that you store in the fridge. In spite of that she has been sick all winter and i did not really notice any changes on the GI side. Fast forward to this summer: could not find the brand i was using so i stopped for 1.5 Months now, still no difference.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>My question is: how do you really know it is doing something for you? Is it a dosage issue (i gave her the recommended amount, even though i heard that CFers might need more?)</P>

ymikhale

<P>My dd has been on a probiotic for something like 2 years now, lately I have been giving her the brand that you store in the fridge. In spite of that she has been sick all winter and i did not really notice any changes on the GI side. Fast forward to this summer: could not find the brand i was using so i stopped for 1.5 Months now, still no difference.</P>
<P></P>
<P>My question is: how do you really know it is doing something for you? Is it a dosage issue (i gave her the recommended amount, even though i heard that CFers might need more?)</P>

ymikhale

<P><BR>My dd has been on a probiotic for something like 2 years now, lately I have been giving her the brand that you store in the fridge. In spite of that she has been sick all winter and i did not really notice any changes on the GI side. Fast forward to this summer: could not find the brand i was using so i stopped for 1.5 Months now, still no difference.</P>
<P></P>

I started using probiotics because I saw on here that several used it. My stomach was just constantly bothering me - to the point it was interfering with my work. I decided it was probably because I had been sick earlier in the year and took really strong antiobiotics and didn't "replenish" my system. My stomach has felt much better, which means I feel better. Just my experience. I take Culterelle.

I started using probiotics because I saw on here that several used it. My stomach was just constantly bothering me - to the point it was interfering with my work. I decided it was probably because I had been sick earlier in the year and took really strong antiobiotics and didn't "replenish" my system. My stomach has felt much better, which means I feel better. Just my experience. I take Culterelle.

ehtansky21

How much is she taking??? We see great results from probiotics, but we take LARGE doses. Both boys, almost 4 and 7 1/2 take 30 billion a day.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

How much is she taking??? We see great results from probiotics, but we take LARGE doses. Both boys, almost 4 and 7 1/2 take 30 billion a day.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

Hardak

I down large amounts of yogurt with a live culture every time I go on antibiotics my self. Other wise I think I'm getting off luck on that one my GI system is rather stable beyond the acid reflux.

Hardak

I down large amounts of yogurt with a live culture every time I go on antibiotics my self. Other wise I think I'm getting off luck on that one my GI system is rather stable beyond the acid reflux.

Hardak

ymikhale

thanks everybody who responded. She takes 3,5 billion, the prescribed dose on the tube. Missa, what kind of benefits did you see? On the digestion side or did your kids start getting sick less often as well?

ymikhale

thanks everybody who responded. She takes 3,5 billion, the prescribed dose on the tube. Missa, what kind of benefits did you see? On the digestion side or did your kids start getting sick less often as well?

ymikhale

ehtansky21

I see a huge difference in their digestion. Their poops solidify considerably with high doses and tummy aches reduce. Both of my boys have very very very low functioning pancreases and are always on the highest doses of enzymes.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

I see a huge difference in their digestion. Their poops solidify considerably with high doses and tummy aches reduce. Both of my boys have very very very low functioning pancreases and are always on the highest doses of enzymes.

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

<P>For many years my husband who is 38 has been battling horrible stomach aches due to his C.F. He has had every test ran and all they could come up with was Irritable Bowel Syndrome and there was nothing they could do for him. He has a PICC line almost twice a year, so his PCP recommended a probiotic. So we tried Culturelle and it's like a miracle drug for him. His stomach aches have subsided and he feels so much better. I would have never thought. You think that you know all about C.F but little things like this are just amazing...</P>
<P> </P>
<P>I hope this helps..</P>

<P>For many years my husband who is 38 has been battling horrible stomach aches due to his C.F. He has had every test ran and all they could come up with was Irritable Bowel Syndrome and there was nothing they could do for him. He has a PICC line almost twice a year, so his PCP recommended a probiotic. So we tried Culturelle and it's like a miracle drug for him. His stomach aches have subsided and he feels so much better. I would have never thought. You think that you know all about C.F but little things like this are just amazing...</P>
<P></P>
<P>I hope this helps..</P>