Rainbow Babies and Children's Hosp.

ej0820

Hey all!
I was just curious to see if anyone here goes to Rainbow for their CF care. If any of you out there do, who's your doctor? Did/Does anyone have Dr. Robert Stern?

thanks!

ej0820

Hey all!
I was just curious to see if anyone here goes to Rainbow for their CF care. If any of you out there do, who's your doctor? Did/Does anyone have Dr. Robert Stern?

thanks!

ej0820

<p>Hey all!
<p>I was just curious to see if anyone here goes to Rainbow for their CF care. If any of you out there do, who's your doctor? Did/Does anyone have Dr. Robert Stern?
<p>
<p>thanks!

rubyroselee

Hi Erin, I have been going to RB&C since I was a baby - one of the best centers in my opinion. They know their stuff! Not only that, but they really care about their patients. I now live 8+ hours away from RB&C and I still make it out for clinic once/year. I just can't stay away from them! Dr. Stern is a pediatric CF doctor, so he does not see CF adults. Dr. Dasenbrook (started there about 2 or 3 years ago) is a great adult CF doctor and highly recommended. He was trained at Johns Hopkins by some of the best CF doctors in the country, so he's very good. From the other MD's I'm familiar with there, they are all great. I just can't say enough nice things about RB&C. You thinking about going there?

rubyroselee

Hi Erin, I have been going to RB&C since I was a baby - one of the best centers in my opinion. They know their stuff! Not only that, but they really care about their patients. I now live 8+ hours away from RB&C and I still make it out for clinic once/year. I just can't stay away from them! Dr. Stern is a pediatric CF doctor, so he does not see CF adults. Dr. Dasenbrook (started there about 2 or 3 years ago) is a great adult CF doctor and highly recommended. He was trained at Johns Hopkins by some of the best CF doctors in the country, so he's very good. From the other MD's I'm familiar with there, they are all great. I just can't say enough nice things about RB&C. You thinking about going there?

rubyroselee

<p>Hi Erin, <br /><br />I have been going to RB&C since I was a baby - one of the best centers in my opinion. They know their stuff! Not only that, but they really care about their patients. I now live 8+ hours away from RB&C and I still make it out for clinic once/year. I just can't stay away from them! <br /><br />Dr. Stern is a pediatric CF doctor, so he does not see CF adults. Dr. Dasenbrook (started there about 2 or 3 years ago) is a great adult CF doctor and highly recommended. He was trained at Johns Hopkins by some of the best CF doctors in the country, so he's very good. From the other MD's I'm familiar with there, they are all great. I just can't say enough nice things about RB&C. <br /><br />You thinking about going there?

ej0820

Oh, I do go there. I live in cleveland and have been going there since day 1. Dr. Robert Stern actually is my current CF doc and has been since I was 2 yrs old. He does see adults but only adults that he had as pediatrics. I actually don't think he sees new patients at all anymore, regardless of their age (he's 73 years old), only existing patients. I've never met or heard of Dr. Dasenbrook and am very curious now that you mention him. I've met the other adult CF doc, Dr. Strausberg (Strausenberg? Strausbaugh?) and he seems great...very different from Dr. Stern, though he's one of a kind, to say the least.

I was just curious to see if anyone on here also went there. For as big as Rainbow is with CF care (and Case Western with research), I've just been surprised that not more people on here mention going there and it made me think I might be the only one, ha!

ej0820

Oh, I do go there. I live in cleveland and have been going there since day 1. Dr. Robert Stern actually is my current CF doc and has been since I was 2 yrs old. He does see adults but only adults that he had as pediatrics. I actually don't think he sees new patients at all anymore, regardless of their age (he's 73 years old), only existing patients. I've never met or heard of Dr. Dasenbrook and am very curious now that you mention him. I've met the other adult CF doc, Dr. Strausberg (Strausenberg? Strausbaugh?) and he seems great...very different from Dr. Stern, though he's one of a kind, to say the least.

I was just curious to see if anyone on here also went there. For as big as Rainbow is with CF care (and Case Western with research), I've just been surprised that not more people on here mention going there and it made me think I might be the only one, ha!

ej0820

<br />
<br />I was just curious to see if anyone on here also went there. For as big as Rainbow is with CF care (and Case Western with research), I've just been surprised that not more people on here mention going there and it made me think I might be the only one, ha!

Zarocks

I'm actually staying here at Rainbow right now...hopefully I'll be out in a couple days. Like you, I've been seeing Dr. Stern since nearly the beginning. He's been great for me.

Chris, 30/m/cf

Zarocks

I'm actually staying here at Rainbow right now...hopefully I'll be out in a couple days. Like you, I've been seeing Dr. Stern since nearly the beginning. He's been great for me.

Chris, 30/m/cf

Zarocks

<br />
<br />Chris, 30/m/cf

ej0820

yes, Dr. Stern is quite brilliant. I hope your stay goes alright and you do get home soon. Are you from cleveland or are you one who travels from afar to see Dr. Stern? He seems to have a lot of adult patients that come from all over the country which I've always found to be pretty amazing.

ej0820

yes, Dr. Stern is quite brilliant. I hope your stay goes alright and you do get home soon. Are you from cleveland or are you one who travels from afar to see Dr. Stern? He seems to have a lot of adult patients that come from all over the country which I've always found to be pretty amazing.

ej0820