Sinus issues: I can't smell anything

Hi Epona, I did not know that about Vancomycin, thank you. I've also seen there are trials to nebulize it, but I assume the nebulized version is not available generally yet...

Epona

Actually, it is available and has been used for several years now at certain high-level CF clinics (e.g. Johns Hopkins). I used it for several months at one point. I got it compounded from Foundation Care, if I remember correctly. Your doc can order it from them. Be warned, it tastes really nasty and can cause some pretty serious coughing, at least it did for me. But then, we wanna get that stuff out, right? It's not manufactured for inhalation, they just compound the IV form of it for inhalation, so it gets a little weird. Might be worth talking to your docs about it though.

randomgirl

I also cannot smell (or taste) and it has been that way for about 7 years now. I have had a few sinus surgeries and one was just a month ago but I still can't smell or taste. I also had a transplant over a year ago and that didn't help it either. I'm on a ton of meds (like Prednisone) which don't help me smell or taste any better. I figured I'll never get those senses back :(