splurge

boxer13

Hi, Just wondering if there was a particular item you splurged on for the baby? What was it and was it worth it?

boxer13

Hi, Just wondering if there was a particular item you splurged on for the baby? What was it and was it worth it?

boxer13

Scarlett81

Well I've pictured my dream crib bedding for years and I didn't find anything in the stores I liked-I don't care for the babyish pastels or characters. So I did a custom order bedding that I designed myself. It is drop dead breathtaking-fabrics in velvet and silk. I love it! I'll probably only get one nursery to decorate in my lifetime, so I'm going all the way!
Thats my splurge!

Scarlett81

Well I've pictured my dream crib bedding for years and I didn't find anything in the stores I liked-I don't care for the babyish pastels or characters. So I did a custom order bedding that I designed myself. It is drop dead breathtaking-fabrics in velvet and silk. I love it! I'll probably only get one nursery to decorate in my lifetime, so I'm going all the way!
Thats my splurge!

Scarlett81

Thats my splurge!

Scarlett81

Just wanted to add-
I know perfectly well that the baby couldn't care less about the nursery and will have no clue what it has-its for me to enjoy! Just so no one thinks I am crazy, or that "my child needs the 'best' "....its just for fun.
I also feel bad talking about material things when so many mothers struggle so hard just to have the necessities...

Scarlett81

Just wanted to add-
I know perfectly well that the baby couldn't care less about the nursery and will have no clue what it has-its for me to enjoy! Just so no one thinks I am crazy, or that "my child needs the 'best' "....its just for fun.
I also feel bad talking about material things when so many mothers struggle so hard just to have the necessities...

Scarlett81

Just wanted to add-

wanderlust

A good camera and a camcorder... and Photoshop as well as video editing software. I have a 7 year old son (from before I met my husband), and it blows my mind how quickly the years go by. You want to be able to capture all those moments... before they've changed and grown up even more.

Also, having a good jogging stroller has been wonderful! We took lots of long walks together when my son was young.

wanderlust

A good camera and a camcorder... and Photoshop as well as video editing software. I have a 7 year old son (from before I met my husband), and it blows my mind how quickly the years go by. You want to be able to capture all those moments... before they've changed and grown up even more.

Also, having a good jogging stroller has been wonderful! We took lots of long walks together when my son was young.

wanderlust

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Scarlett81</b></i>

Just wanted to add-

I also feel bad talking about material things when so many mothers struggle so hard just to have the necessities...</end quote></div>

yes but that blanket might stay with that babe for years to come as a "lovey" of sorts, so you never know how meaningful your splurge might have been!

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Scarlett81</b></i>

Just wanted to add-

I also feel bad talking about material things when so many mothers struggle so hard just to have the necessities...</end quote></div>

yes but that blanket might stay with that babe for years to come as a "lovey" of sorts, so you never know how meaningful your splurge might have been!

wanderlost

Just wanted to add-

wanderlost

I splurged on a custom made mei tei baby carrier - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.babyhawk.com
">http://www.babyhawk.com
</a>
and fuzzi bunz cloth pocket diapers. I knew we were doing cloth, and though the pocket diapers are a lot more expensive than the prefolds, they are so easy and worth it!

wanderlost

I splurged on a custom made mei tei baby carrier - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.babyhawk.com
</a>
and fuzzi bunz cloth pocket diapers. I knew we were doing cloth, and though the pocket diapers are a lot more expensive than the prefolds, they are so easy and worth it!

wanderlost

</a>

LouLou

Splurge item undecided. Okay well one thing I'm doing is a pregnancy photoshoot. Completely unnecessary but totally fun.
Christian - let's see a picture of your design **please, please with sugar on top**

LouLou

Splurge item undecided. Okay well one thing I'm doing is a pregnancy photoshoot. Completely unnecessary but totally fun.
Christian - let's see a picture of your design **please, please with sugar on top**