Stomach problems

slytherclaw

I've always had bad stomach problems from nausea to pain so bad I can barely move. I've recently noticed I often feel pain in my stomach after I eat. Could it be what I'm eating or just the fact that I'm eating at all?

slytherclaw

I've always had bad stomach problems from nausea to pain so bad I can barely move. I've recently noticed I often feel pain in my stomach after I eat. Could it be what I'm eating or just the fact that I'm eating at all?

slytherclaw

Karla

Hello,
Both my son and brother have CF.

My son regulary has stomach pain and spends way too much time in the bathroom as a result. However, he always eats very large meals.

My brother says he reduced his stomach pain by reducing the size of his meals, but eating more frequently throughout the day.

They both try not to eat fatty foods because it is very difficult for them to digest fat.

Karla

Hello,
Both my son and brother have CF.

My son regulary has stomach pain and spends way too much time in the bathroom as a result. However, he always eats very large meals.

My brother says he reduced his stomach pain by reducing the size of his meals, but eating more frequently throughout the day.

They both try not to eat fatty foods because it is very difficult for them to digest fat.

Karla

Hello,
<br />Both my son and brother have CF.
<br />
<br />My son regulary has stomach pain and spends way too much time in the bathroom as a result. However, he always eats very large meals.
<br />
<br />My brother says he reduced his stomach pain by reducing the size of his meals, but eating more frequently throughout the day.
<br />
<br />They both try not to eat fatty foods because it is very difficult for them to digest fat.

fly30

we too have had the battle with very severe stomach cramoing. I dont know what more to do with my daughter. She gets such severe pain we have been to hospital a handfull of times cause it was so bad. Now the last 2 days she says its not the same pain she has been getting. Its a different pain to the one that makes her go toilet. What kind of pain could this be, now. Im so confussed and feel so helpless. She is only 6yrs old and i want to help ease her pain. Any ideas are welcome.
Thankyou

fly30

we too have had the battle with very severe stomach cramoing. I dont know what more to do with my daughter. She gets such severe pain we have been to hospital a handfull of times cause it was so bad. Now the last 2 days she says its not the same pain she has been getting. Its a different pain to the one that makes her go toilet. What kind of pain could this be, now. Im so confussed and feel so helpless. She is only 6yrs old and i want to help ease her pain. Any ideas are welcome.
Thankyou

fly30

<br />Thankyou

Cojean62

I have many stomach problems. I've had four stomach surgeries to put in my feeding tube and take it out. I had one for acid reflux as well.

Cojean62

I have many stomach problems. I've had four stomach surgeries to put in my feeding tube and take it out. I had one for acid reflux as well.

Cojean62

imported_Momto2

I had pretty severe stomach pain from as far back as I can remember till about age 20. I finally was on my own at grad school and figured out that if I didnt eat fat (only lean chicken, fish, turkey), cut way back on the starchy carbos and went heavy of the fruit and veggies, the pain was pretty much gone. I dont do dairy except yogurt. Whenever I cheat, the pain is back. It seems like my system got a whole lot more efficient and absorbed more when I cut out the high calorie food and I had no problem maintaining weight (actually, I gained too much!) But every person is different, everyone's CF seems very individualized. Try eliminating certain stuff, adding others, see what works for you. No matter what I eat, I still have very bad reflux, but it is paralyzingly bad if I eat anything fatty. No liver of kidney problems here. I am a big fan of experimenting safely and knowledgeably. If you are too thin or too heavy, it will negatively affect your immune system/lungs. The small and frequent meal suggestion is excellent.

imported_Momto2

I had pretty severe stomach pain from as far back as I can remember till about age 20. I finally was on my own at grad school and figured out that if I didnt eat fat (only lean chicken, fish, turkey), cut way back on the starchy carbos and went heavy of the fruit and veggies, the pain was pretty much gone. I dont do dairy except yogurt. Whenever I cheat, the pain is back. It seems like my system got a whole lot more efficient and absorbed more when I cut out the high calorie food and I had no problem maintaining weight (actually, I gained too much!) But every person is different, everyone's CF seems very individualized. Try eliminating certain stuff, adding others, see what works for you. No matter what I eat, I still have very bad reflux, but it is paralyzingly bad if I eat anything fatty. No liver of kidney problems here. I am a big fan of experimenting safely and knowledgeably. If you are too thin or too heavy, it will negatively affect your immune system/lungs. The small and frequent meal suggestion is excellent.