transplant centers

MOME2RT

Can anyone help me get a list of all the transplant centers in the US. Actually the ones that do pediactrics. Reeces doctor is sending him to UNC as some of you may know, but we are having some issues with the insurance.

He's not getting a transplant yet, but she wants him to go to a transplant center to remove his left lung. (I dont know if thats required or not but.....)

I just wanted to get a list of the centers that did do peds, so I can look them up & do some research....thanks.

MOME2RT

Can anyone help me get a list of all the transplant centers in the US. Actually the ones that do pediactrics. Reeces doctor is sending him to UNC as some of you may know, but we are having some issues with the insurance.

He's not getting a transplant yet, but she wants him to go to a transplant center to remove his left lung. (I dont know if thats required or not but.....)

I just wanted to get a list of the centers that did do peds, so I can look them up & do some research....thanks.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

Skye

If your insurance company is giving you problems re: UNC, can they not tell you where they will let him go. I would think they would direct you to where he can go. Also, don't be afraid to appeal. It is easier than it sounds. This is something very specialized that is not in every city in the country. If this is not a procedure provided in your area and you must go out of their network to get it, often times you can appeal for it to be considered in network. I have done that with my tx eval. and was successful in getting the Cleveland Clinic considered "in-network" because it was not a reasonable distance to drive to Johns Hopkins. I hope this did not confuse you or cause any added stress, I only wanted to relay to you that their are sometimes options that you have to dig a little for and may not be as obvious. Sending my love and support your way.

Skye

If your insurance company is giving you problems re: UNC, can they not tell you where they will let him go. I would think they would direct you to where he can go. Also, don't be afraid to appeal. It is easier than it sounds. This is something very specialized that is not in every city in the country. If this is not a procedure provided in your area and you must go out of their network to get it, often times you can appeal for it to be considered in network. I have done that with my tx eval. and was successful in getting the Cleveland Clinic considered "in-network" because it was not a reasonable distance to drive to Johns Hopkins. I hope this did not confuse you or cause any added stress, I only wanted to relay to you that their are sometimes options that you have to dig a little for and may not be as obvious. Sending my love and support your way.

Skye

Skye

Skye