trouble sleeping at night

Scarlett81

I've having real trouble sleeping. I seem to wake up every night around 3 am on the dot and lay there awake for 2-3 hours. I don't know why. I'm not coughing-I do notice I have more tightness in my chest at night. Don't know why that would start, I am religious with my therapies and allergy season is over. It is annoying more than anything-I started using breathe right strips-someone said they can help. I haven't noticed a difference yet. I drink chamomile tea, I rub lavendar oil on my neck b/c its relaxing....I won't take nyquil or a sleep aid.
I can not get into a comfortable position either-my legs and tailbone are killing me. I got one of those pregnancy pillows-the ones that go between your legs and can adjust to support your belly too-by the middle of the night my legs ache with it on. I try to sleep on my left side every night-like they say you should do-and now every day my left shoulder/leg/hip is so sore. I was wondering, and this is just a theory, but most of my lung damage is on my left lung, maybe thats why sleeping on my left side is uncomfortable?
This is really bad-I'm probably getting only 4-5 real hours of sleep every night. Of course that makes me crankier and exhausted during the day.
(fyi-I am 15 weeks along, and have a pretty good size belly for a 15 weeker)
Somebody please help!

Scarlett81

I've having real trouble sleeping. I seem to wake up every night around 3 am on the dot and lay there awake for 2-3 hours. I don't know why. I'm not coughing-I do notice I have more tightness in my chest at night. Don't know why that would start, I am religious with my therapies and allergy season is over. It is annoying more than anything-I started using breathe right strips-someone said they can help. I haven't noticed a difference yet. I drink chamomile tea, I rub lavendar oil on my neck b/c its relaxing....I won't take nyquil or a sleep aid.
I can not get into a comfortable position either-my legs and tailbone are killing me. I got one of those pregnancy pillows-the ones that go between your legs and can adjust to support your belly too-by the middle of the night my legs ache with it on. I try to sleep on my left side every night-like they say you should do-and now every day my left shoulder/leg/hip is so sore. I was wondering, and this is just a theory, but most of my lung damage is on my left lung, maybe thats why sleeping on my left side is uncomfortable?
This is really bad-I'm probably getting only 4-5 real hours of sleep every night. Of course that makes me crankier and exhausted during the day.
Somebody please help!

Scarlett81

Somebody please help!

JazzysMom

Sorry Sweetie.....cant help you. I slept great while pregnant. I also have most lung damage on my left side yet I sleep better laying on that side. A couple of weeks ago I was waking at 3am bright eyed & bushy tailed. Didnt even feel sleepy (at the time....killed me later in the day). I had a lot on my mind so I assume it was that. Nothing really helped me that I conciously know of. It eased on its on. Wish I had words of wisdom for you!

JazzysMom

Sorry Sweetie.....cant help you. I slept great while pregnant. I also have most lung damage on my left side yet I sleep better laying on that side. A couple of weeks ago I was waking at 3am bright eyed & bushy tailed. Didnt even feel sleepy (at the time....killed me later in the day). I had a lot on my mind so I assume it was that. Nothing really helped me that I conciously know of. It eased on its on. Wish I had words of wisdom for you!

JazzysMom

wanderlost

your hormones might have a lot to do wtih it. I slept pretty badly my whole pregnancy as well. A lot of pregnancy books address it and just sort of say it's the body's way of preparing for babe. Sounds like you're doing all the right things for it with the chamomile and lavendar oil. Try a warm bath before bed too? (I took baths my whole pregnancy - I know some books say not to, but I did it both times with both kids and they are A-OK). Hang in there!

wanderlost

your hormones might have a lot to do wtih it. I slept pretty badly my whole pregnancy as well. A lot of pregnancy books address it and just sort of say it's the body's way of preparing for babe. Sounds like you're doing all the right things for it with the chamomile and lavendar oil. Try a warm bath before bed too? (I took baths my whole pregnancy - I know some books say not to, but I did it both times with both kids and they are A-OK). Hang in there!

wanderlost

cfmomma

You are not alone!! I have literally gotten three hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I can't get comfortable and I have that stupid restless leg syndrome. If I am not constantly moving my legs I get the weirdest feeling that makes me go insane. Rolling over is getting more difficult every night and my husband is getting pissed because I keep waking him up (I have never wanted to slap him more in my whole life). I wish I could you some advice that was useful, sorry. But feel free to vent and complain as much as you want, I am here!

cfmomma

You are not alone!! I have literally gotten three hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I can't get comfortable and I have that stupid restless leg syndrome. If I am not constantly moving my legs I get the weirdest feeling that makes me go insane. Rolling over is getting more difficult every night and my husband is getting pissed because I keep waking him up (I have never wanted to slap him more in my whole life). I wish I could you some advice that was useful, sorry. But feel free to vent and complain as much as you want, I am here!

cfmomma

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cfmomma</b></i>

You are not alone!! I have literally gotten three hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I can't get comfortable and I have that stupid restless leg syndrome. If I am not constantly moving my legs I get the weirdest feeling that makes me go insane. Rolling over is getting more difficult every night and my husband is getting pissed because I keep waking him up (I have never wanted to slap him more in my whole life). I wish I could you some advice that was useful, sorry. But feel free to vent and complain as much as you want, I am here!</end quote></div>

I got that when pregnant too!

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cfmomma</b></i>

You are not alone!! I have literally gotten three hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I can't get comfortable and I have that stupid restless leg syndrome. If I am not constantly moving my legs I get the weirdest feeling that makes me go insane. Rolling over is getting more difficult every night and my husband is getting pissed because I keep waking him up (I have never wanted to slap him more in my whole life). I wish I could you some advice that was useful, sorry. But feel free to vent and complain as much as you want, I am here!</end quote></div>

I got that when pregnant too!