Weight problem

Chelsayyy93

I'm a 16 year old girl. Well I have always had trouble gaining weight.I weigh 80 pounds. Oh and I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I'm below the 5% for weight. I always take my enzymes. I eat constantly and I do mean constantly. I use to drink Scandishakes and all those weight gain shakes. They didn't work. My doctors constantly bug me about gaining more weight. I've tried to tell them that I can't but they don't listen. They suggested a g-tube and literally promised that I magically put on pounds. I didn't gain a single pound. My mom's side of the family is tall and skinny, my mom told me I take after them. My mom and I also tried to tell my doctors that. The doctors told me I need to eat more, but I eat so much already they just don't realize it. So any ideas about why I can't gain weight?

Chelsayyy93

I'm a 16 year old girl. Well I have always had trouble gaining weight.I weigh 80 pounds. Oh and I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I'm below the 5% for weight. I always take my enzymes. I eat constantly and I do mean constantly. I use to drink Scandishakes and all those weight gain shakes. They didn't work. My doctors constantly bug me about gaining more weight. I've tried to tell them that I can't but they don't listen. They suggested a g-tube and literally promised that I magically put on pounds. I didn't gain a single pound. My mom's side of the family is tall and skinny, my mom told me I take after them. My mom and I also tried to tell my doctors that. The doctors told me I need to eat more, but I eat so much already they just don't realize it. So any ideas about why I can't gain weight?

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

jbrandonAW

Have they checked your thyroid? If you are not putting on weight even with a gtube there is something else going on. Have they tried upping your enzymes? Are you working out -bulding muscle can help build weight.

jbrandonAW

Have they checked your thyroid? If you are not putting on weight even with a gtube there is something else going on. Have they tried upping your enzymes? Are you working out -bulding muscle can help build weight.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

Hey. my name is Shauna, I'm 17 and have the same problem. I mean no joke, I look skeletal. I try and try to gain weight, like I eat all the time and take my enzymes but I just can't gain anything at all. My weight at the moment is 46kg, not sure what that is in pounds but I've been the same weight for about 2 years! I also have g-tube but it doesn't do any good, i might aswell not even have one for all it helps. I get the same grief from the doctors too.
Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.
I think you should get it checked out thuogh if you havn't already.

Hey. my name is Shauna, I'm 17 and have the same problem. I mean no joke, I look skeletal. I try and try to gain weight, like I eat all the time and take my enzymes but I just can't gain anything at all. My weight at the moment is 46kg, not sure what that is in pounds but I've been the same weight for about 2 years! I also have g-tube but it doesn't do any good, i might aswell not even have one for all it helps. I get the same grief from the doctors too.
Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.

<br />Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.
<br />I think you should get it checked out thuogh if you havn't already.

Chelsayyy93

Yeah they have checked my thyroid and its fine.
And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]

Chelsayyy93

And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

<br />And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]