What version PFT do you use?

Asexyblond23

So since I moved they do not use the NHANES III they used another type. When I researched it I saw that my latest numbers were very off in comparing them. We are all using different versions so how do we really tell where we are at?

Knudson Hankison
Predicted
FVC -4.14 4.54
FEV1 - 3.38 3.78
FEV25-75 - 4.18 3.82

Asexyblond23

So since I moved they do not use the NHANES III they used another type. When I researched it I saw that my latest numbers were very off in comparing them. We are all using different versions so how do we really tell where we are at?

Knudson Hankison
Predicted
FVC -4.14 4.54
FEV1 - 3.38 3.78
FEV25-75 - 4.18 3.82

Havoc

You'll need more than one PFT at your new clinic to be able to track your progress. My clinic uses Polgar. It's unfortunate there isn't a national standard, but that's just how it is.

Havoc

You'll need more than one PFT at your new clinic to be able to track your progress. My clinic uses Polgar. It's unfortunate there isn't a national standard, but that's just how it is.

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I had no idea there were different scales! How do I tell what they are using, and can someone direct me to something that explains the values, what they mean, which are important, etc. Thank you so much!

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I had no idea there were different scales! How do I tell what they are using, and can someone direct me to something that explains the values, what they mean, which are important, etc. Thank you so much!

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Gammaw</b></i> I had no idea there were different scales! How do I tell what they are using, and can someone direct me to something that explains the values, what they mean, which are important, etc. Thank you so much!</end quote>

Typically, the value set used is printed on the PFT report (which you should ask for a copy of). If not you could ask. I have copied a link that does a very good job explaining what the different parameters mean in terms of lung capacity.
http://www.morgansci.com/choose-your-pft-solution/what-is-a-pft-test/static-and-dynamic-spirometry.php

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Gammaw</b></i> I had no idea there were different scales! How do I tell what they are using, and can someone direct me to something that explains the values, what they mean, which are important, etc. Thank you so much!</end quote>

Typically, the value set used is printed on the PFT report (which you should ask for a copy of). If not you could ask. I have copied a link that does a very good job explaining what the different parameters mean in terms of lung capacity.
http://www.morgansci.com/choose-your-pft-solution/what-is-a-pft-test/static-and-dynamic-spirometry.php