your cf gene mutation and corralation to pregnancy?

i was wondering if there was any corralation to your gene mutation and how easy/difficult it was for you to become pregnant?
i have DDF508.
i do know for a fact i have very thick cervical mucus because of a pap i got.
anyways...
obviously i dont want to get pregnant anytime soon but was wondering on if your mutation had any effect or seemed to on getting pregnant.
i want to (if healthy enough) have a child by the time im 25.
my bf and i have been talking a lot about getting married and kids which we both decided we do not want for at least a year after being married.
he knows so much about me and my CF and is always looking for ways to learn more. so he knows the risks by now.

so please post your mutation and how you got pregnant and how long it took.
that would be much help. also if your willing to go further into explaining some things about getting pregnant feel free. all the info is greatly appreciated.
:]

i was wondering if there was any corralation to your gene mutation and how easy/difficult it was for you to become pregnant?
i have DDF508.
i do know for a fact i have very thick cervical mucus because of a pap i got.
anyways...
obviously i dont want to get pregnant anytime soon but was wondering on if your mutation had any effect or seemed to on getting pregnant.
i want to (if healthy enough) have a child by the time im 25.
my bf and i have been talking a lot about getting married and kids which we both decided we do not want for at least a year after being married.
he knows so much about me and my CF and is always looking for ways to learn more. so he knows the risks by now.

so please post your mutation and how you got pregnant and how long it took.
that would be much help. also if your willing to go further into explaining some things about getting pregnant feel free. all the info is greatly appreciated.
:]

<br />i have DDF508.
<br />i do know for a fact i have very thick cervical mucus because of a pap i got.
<br />anyways...
<br />obviously i dont want to get pregnant anytime soon but was wondering on if your mutation had any effect or seemed to on getting pregnant.
<br />i want to (if healthy enough) have a child by the time im 25.
<br />my bf and i have been talking a lot about getting married and kids which we both decided we do not want for at least a year after being married.
<br />he knows so much about me and my CF and is always looking for ways to learn more. so he knows the risks by now.
<br />
<br />so please post your mutation and how you got pregnant and how long it took.
<br />that would be much help. also if your willing to go further into explaining some things about getting pregnant feel free. all the info is greatly appreciated.
<br />:]

mamaScarlett

I have 1 DF508 and one rare mutation, G551S. With my daughter I got preg the 2nd month of trying, no problems at all.
I'm currently on my 2nd preg and it took a year to get preg this time. I attribute that mainly to stress and caring for a toddler while ttc-ing. I didn't have any medical intervention to get preg, but I took Mucinex both times.
Feel free to ask or pm any questions at all about preg-I'd be happy to share.

mamaScarlett

I have 1 DF508 and one rare mutation, G551S. With my daughter I got preg the 2nd month of trying, no problems at all.
I'm currently on my 2nd preg and it took a year to get preg this time. I attribute that mainly to stress and caring for a toddler while ttc-ing. I didn't have any medical intervention to get preg, but I took Mucinex both times.
Feel free to ask or pm any questions at all about preg-I'd be happy to share.

mamaScarlett

<br />I'm currently on my 2nd preg and it took a year to get preg this time. I attribute that mainly to stress and caring for a toddler while ttc-ing. I didn't have any medical intervention to get preg, but I took Mucinex both times.
<br />Feel free to ask or pm any questions at all about preg-I'd be happy to share.

sarabeth87

I have DDF508 and have been trying to get pregnant for about 4 years with no luck. My gyn hasn't found any other problems, nor have they mentioned anything about thick cervical mucus from a pap so who knows...

sarabeth87

I have DDF508 and have been trying to get pregnant for about 4 years with no luck. My gyn hasn't found any other problems, nor have they mentioned anything about thick cervical mucus from a pap so who knows...

sarabeth87

Kristen

I have DF508/R117H. Here is what we did:

8 cycles on our own
2 IUIs with no drugs
1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant, but had and early miscarriage.
1 cycle on our own
2 cycles with clomid but no IUI (my body was wonky and we couldn't get the timing right for IUI)
1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant with my now 5 months old daughter

So, it was a total of 15 cycles.

Kristen

8 cycles on our own
2 IUIs with no drugs
1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant, but had and early miscarriage.
1 cycle on our own
2 cycles with clomid but no IUI (my body was wonky and we couldn't get the timing right for IUI)
1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant with my now 5 months old daughter

So, it was a total of 15 cycles.

Kristen

<br />
<br />8 cycles on our own
<br />2 IUIs with no drugs
<br />1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant, but had and early miscarriage.
<br />1 cycle on our own
<br />2 cycles with clomid but no IUI (my body was wonky and we couldn't get the timing right for IUI)
<br />1 IUI with clomid. I got pregnant with my now 5 months old daughter
<br />
<br />So, it was a total of 15 cycles.

thanks guys.

sarabeth: i have the same mutations and basically if i were trying to get prego i would have NO such luck.
i have not used birth control or protection and no pregnancies.
im assuming ill have to try the IUI.

does anyone else had DDf508 and got pregnant naturally or other methods?

thanks guys.

sarabeth: i have the same mutations and basically if i were trying to get prego i would have NO such luck.
i have not used birth control or protection and no pregnancies.
im assuming ill have to try the IUI.

does anyone else had DDf508 and got pregnant naturally or other methods?

thanks guys.
<br />
<br />sarabeth: i have the same mutations and basically if i were trying to get prego i would have NO such luck.
<br />i have not used birth control or protection and no pregnancies.
<br />im assuming ill have to try the IUI.
<br />
<br />does anyone else had DDf508 and got pregnant naturally or other methods?

jmiller

I am DF508/2184delA. I got pregnant (by surprise) with #1 and am now pregnant and due in 3 weeks with #2. It took us a couple months to figure out when I was ovulating with #2 (I have irregular periods).

jmiller

I am DF508/2184delA. I got pregnant (by surprise) with #1 and am now pregnant and due in 3 weeks with #2. It took us a couple months to figure out when I was ovulating with #2 (I have irregular periods).