Zithro (MWF) - No PA?

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Is anyone on zithro (MWF) even though you don't culture pseudomonas? I'm wondering if this would help with inflammation. I asked Sarah's dr briefly about it one time, but he seemed to indicate they only use it when PA is cultured.

I had read a study (done on mice) that it seemed to help cf inflammation with or without PA.

Anyone?

If I can get some good insight I think I will push the dr into trying this.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Is anyone on zithro (MWF) even though you don't culture pseudomonas? I'm wondering if this would help with inflammation. I asked Sarah's dr briefly about it one time, but he seemed to indicate they only use it when PA is cultured.

I had read a study (done on mice) that it seemed to help cf inflammation with or without PA.

Anyone?

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Anyone?

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

Anyone?

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />I had read a study (done on mice) that it seemed to help cf inflammation with or without PA.
<br />
<br />Anyone?
<br />
<br />If I can get some good insight I think I will push the dr into trying this.

ktsmom

Yes, we are on Zithro MWF and it is not for treating PA, but it is for helping control inflammation. By the way, there is also such a thing as ibuprofen therapy for inflammation.

ktsmom

Yes, we are on Zithro MWF and it is not for treating PA, but it is for helping control inflammation. By the way, there is also such a thing as ibuprofen therapy for inflammation.

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' doctor has most of his patients on a daily dose instead of MWF for inflammation. He has cultured pseudo in the past, but that's not why it was prescribed.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' doctor has most of his patients on a daily dose instead of MWF for inflammation. He has cultured pseudo in the past, but that's not why it was prescribed.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member