Recent content by azdesertrat

1. A

Is Texas a good state to live in with CF, are Insurance and CF Hospitals/Centers good

Being the son of an Army Aviator, I was diagnosed 1 1/2 months after birth at Ft. Sam Houston. If it wasn't for the fact Dad had joined the Army, I probably wouldn't be here at this time. I received the best healthcare the US Taxpayers could afford. Here's hoping Texas is as good to you as She...
  2. A

I'm 36!

Happy Belated Birthday! Here's to many more...
  3. A

Getting Port next week: words of wisdom

I got my port in Nov. of 2014. I sure am happy with it. My veins were shot; it was near impossible to place an IV or to access a vein for blood work. With the port there is no more digging around to set an IV, no more multiple sticks looking for a vein for blood work. The only drawback I can...
  4. A

Family Loss

So hard to believe. This morning our family lost it's youngest member. My younger brother Robert died unexpectedly. Everybody in the family expected me to die because I've been so sick the last 4 mos. It is a real shock to lose a family member who was supposed to be healthy. We don't know...
  5. A

Un-natural fear?

Hello everybody. I hope this finds all our folks on this site well. I have a bit of a problem, maybe someone can contribute an answer for me. I've been faced with 5 life-threatening illnesses since the beginning of last November. Since then, I think I've developed a fear of dying. I've never...
  6. A

Existential Crisis

At my advanced stage of CF, I've made up my mind that CF or something stemming from CF is going to kill me. It's that simple. I don't let it get to me. If CF isn't going to get me, something else will. It just doesn't matter. All you can do is keep yourself as healthy as you possibly can. Do...
  7. A

I'm back!

Hello everybody! I don't know if anyone noticed my absence, but, I'm back. My laptop dies back in December. I sent it to my friend in Georgia who fixes computers. Whatever was wrong with it was way beyond my ability to fix. When he got around to fixing it, he ascertained it was un-fixable...
  8. A

Glad to be on the mend

On or about 11/07 I got horribly sick. I was vomiting non-stop; feeling nauseated & just feeling awful. I couldn't even get out of bed to go vomit. Sometime during the night, I aspirated vomit into my lungs. The next day, Becky demanded I get in the truck & go to the hospital in PHX. I spent...
  9. A

blood

Oh man, I know the feeling. If I wasn't married I'd be out on the street. I don't make near enough on disability to cover my bills. My medical bills are astronomical! We've come to the decision to pay each debtor a check large enough that I guess keeps them happy. I haven't received any nasty...
  10. A

stomache problems..

Hi Marie, I hope you're well. I had my trans on 16 June '05. Since then, I've experienced nausea & vomiting on too many occasions. Sometimes it's been due to an intestinal blockage, others it was a reaction to a med. In other words, it could me any number of things that could be causing your...
  11. A

Results not what I was hoping for

That's gotta be rough, being diagnosed n your 30's or 40's. In some perverse way, I was lucky, I've known I have CF all my life because I was diagnosed at birth. Best of luck to you Meech. If there is any way I can help, just get in touch with me. You're now in my thoughts & prayers.
  12. A

Anyone else with bad nausea?

I have lots of problems with nausea. I don't know if its from the anti-rejection meds or what, nut it sure is miserable. Most times when I get nauseated, I vomit. Even if there's nothing in my stomach, I'll still vomit. Compazine sometimes helps, just not good enough. I'm sorry you have to...
  13. A

Dealing with Smoke and Fires

I live in Central AZ- another state known for it's summertime fire season. We have a mountain covered in Ponderosa Pine that is 8,700 ft ASL (Above Sea Level) around 7-10 miles south of town, as the crow flies. When MY mountain catches fire, I leave town. I either go to the White Mtns. where...
  14. A

gastrointestinal clean out?

I've been doing 'clean outs' since it consisted of drinking Mucomyst. Yes, I had to DRINK Mucomyst. I've done the Ironically named, 'Golytlely'; along with the latest, Miralax & laxative mixed. It seemed to me the Golytley, while much more time-consuming, was the most effective...
  15. A

How do you survive on 20/80 insurance plans?

AZ does still have state-funded aid. It's called AHCCCS. It is very good. When I was on 'Access' they paid 100%. I was on a program known as the 'Freedom to Work' program. I paid around 185.00 a month because that's what I could afford based on my income. Now, if your family makes good...