Recent content by brad.johns

1. B

URGENT NEED FOR ACTION:Help to expedite FDA review of Tezacaftor/Ivacaftor(VX-661)

It will not allow me to share the link. When I try to share it, it says file not found.
  2. B

URGENT NEED FOR ACTION:Help to expedite FDA review of Tezacaftor/Ivacaftor(VX-661)

Can we post this to facebook to get others to send letters as well?
  3. B

Orkambi and Rash?

Yes. I also had a rash. It was on my face.
  4. B

how tall are you?how much do you weigh?

I am 44. I am 5' 10". I weigh 165.
  5. B

Pancreatic Issues and Orkambi

I am on 15,000 and they are pink.
  6. B

Pancreatic Issues and Orkambi

So I am having stomach issues since I started taking Orkambi. It seems that when I increase my dosage of zenpep these issues subside on their own. Yesterday, I asked my doctor if I could up my dosage of zenpep, currently 13 per meal, by 1 or 2 pills and was told that I could not. His response...
  7. B

Open frontal sinus surgery

Well it turns out that the Dr. decided to go through my nose and not my forehead. Been home for about a week. Getting better each day. I go tomorrow to see my ENT for the first time. He will clean everything out tomorrow. Hoping to feel even better after he does this. Thank you for the prayers.
  8. B

Thanks for the info cheerfulpuppies. I figured it would take a long time to heal. I teach math at the high school and college level so I am giving finals in my college classes today. I have a sub for the other classes the rest of the year. I am assuming that I won't be back at school until...
  9. B

Surgery is tomorrow. Please say a prayer for me.
  10. B

Found out on Wednesday that my surgery will last 3 hours. They are going to remove bone in my forehead and then drill out larger passageways so that the frontal sinuses will drain properly. He is also going to cut a hole in the sinus passages so that if one side stops up then when that side...
  11. B

Thanks believingjesus. Sure I will be looking for your message. It has been a while since I have logged in. That is why I have not messaged you sooner. I am getting a PICC tomorrow to prep my lungs for the surgery. I always end up with pneumonia after surgery. Praying that we get me on the right...
  12. B

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could shed a little more light on the recovery time after an open frontal sinus surgery? I am going to have this done next week and I just want to try to get as much info about what to expect before this happens. Any information would be appreciated. I was told...
  13. B

Scholarships

Received one of the Boomer Esiason Foundation Scholarships and I also received the Elizabeth Nash Foundation Scholarship.
  14. B

First PICC line ever -- panicking

I am a teacher. I will usually get an infection that requires a PICC about once a year. When I do, I just cover the picc with a sleeve of some sort and go about my daily routine. When it is time for me to do my IV, I take off the sleeve and start my IV. You should not have any problems unless...