Recent content by Brad

1. B

What is STOOL FOR FECAL FAT test?

It's just Poop . How is it collested ? Have them poo in a tupperware dish.
  2. B

Never had a tune up

Leah, Never on IVs ! Thats great ... I have had enough IV meds to float a boat .Nice PFTs also. Mine have been below 50 for 22 yrs, in low 30s now.. low 20s when sick. What ever you are doing Leah, Keep it up !
  3. B

Rude Hospital Nurses

Ask to Speak to the Head/ Floor Nurse , Explain to her what is going on and DEMAND a New/Better Nurse for Your Son.. It will work, I have done it more than once... Plus is makes the Rude Nurse look bad in the eye's of the other Nurse's This may make her change her ways..
  4. B

Never had a tune up

Me, I have never gone in just for a tune up ... The only time I go in is when I am sick ..
  5. B

bruises from ivs

I have then now from botched ABG's. I got a Pic this time as soon as I got admitted. Both wrists are black and blue.. I gave the tech 2 trys in each wrist, Then I told hin to get a Tech with more experience, She came in pop, done... She did another 4 days later. No problem. I tried the...
  6. B

What year were you diagnosed?

I was diagnosed in 1965 at Children's Hospital in Washington DC. I was 8 yrs old. I was not supposed to make it to 12 yrs.
  7. B

Night oxygen

I use O2 at night also, at first I would wake up with it in my had, but after a while it says on all night. It does help me sleep through the night. I am only on 1.5 ltrs. I had a cold recently and it was great to have it already there with out having to go in the hospital.....But....my...
  8. B

the Dr says not cf.

Find a New Doc.. I am sorry to say ,if Your Child has 2 mutations, She does have Cf... I have almost not GI issues and Lung issues were mild until I was 29 ish. The Docs told my Mother I had no Cf.. when My Oldest Brother was diagnosed at 19 with Cf all of us were tested.. 4 of the 5 us...
  9. B

neb machine

I tried the little gray Pari Lc Plus. 2 pooped out in 3 months time. Went back to my Ole Pulmo aide's ... I have had them for years and they are bigger , model 5052b I believe. Pari vios looks to be a remake of the gray Lc Plus. I used one the other day and it did seem to have more pressure...
  10. B

Obama & Healthcare

I Wonder when everyone realizes that Pres Obama's Healthcare Plan is working Will those who Knock it Still call it ObamaCare... I Think not.. Obama's Health Care may not be perfect, BUT!! It is a start, We Now Have a Plan. It's a Good Start ! Every Pres back to Nixon Agreed that We need to...
  11. B

Pari neb compressor

I went through 2 of those little Pari's in just over 3 months. I went back to my Pulmo-Aids.. They have worked great for years. Good Luck.. Pari has a 5 year Replacement Warranty . But 2 in 3 months is just a pain. They are made in Mexico . maybe that is the problem,
  12. B

Ever dreaded a hospital stay?

Yes, I dreaded Every stay.... I have only gone in when sick. I never did the Tune Up stay like I hear others speak of.
  13. B

Symptomatic CF Carriers

My Mother has most of the Cf Symptoms, but is only a Carrier. It is of course getting worse as She gets older. My Father had some symptoms also before He passed.
  14. B

Oxygen at Night

They have to have the test to get your Ins to cover the Generator . Good Lick Rosie,, It will help you get a much better nights sleep.
  15. B

Oxygen at Night

dbtoo I went through that "sleep " study also. The one at home with the Cloths pin type finger cuff that kept falling off which low readings, . You are correct the folks that do these studies are in the business on Selling Products. There is more I could say about my home study. I started...