Recent content by LouLou

1. L

Market Research Opportunity - Adults only

Market research opportunity: 1 on 1, 1 hour session talking about experience with elastomeric pumps (Example: Ambulatory elastomeric, Ambulatory electronic or large volume infusion pumps). Participant must have used one of these pumps within the last 6 months. Sessions will be held in...
  2. L

fecal bacteriotherapy

Thank you Cardinal! I'm actually in a much better place than I was 4 years ago when I posted this thread. Much of my health success has been based on nutritional changes. 2008-2012 I was blasted with IV antibiotics often. In 2012 I started a supplement of aloe vera and 9 sea weeds that really...
  3. L

Live int'l call featuring ME: re: nutrition, CF, & a work from home opportunity

I'm grateful and honored to announce that I will be speaking TONIGHT on an International Call and would like to invite you all to join in! I will speak to the importance of nutrition in my battle against Cystic Fibrosis and how I am am stronger than ever! (I'm on the far left in the picture -...
  4. L

Portraits: Adults with CF Fundraising book

I'm interested! I'm 35 yo female with cf. We're a 2 for 1 as my 6 yo son has it too and he's very photogenic if you wanted him too :-) I was in the kalydeco trials and am succeeding with cf. we were featured in The Human Face of Big Data project as well as a big CFF two-day photoshoot so have...
  5. L

New Great Strides website question

Is it possible to add a walker manually like a team leader could on the old site or must every walker sign up for themselves?
  6. L

Curious about Prenatal Testing for CF

you may want to post this in the family section as typically this section is people with cf who are seeking or are pregnant. I believe you can get the results from the CVS test but may require an amnio.
  7. L

Masturbation

I think your post is interesting Enzo and I'm trying to understand the root off your question or discussion point. I would not consider "mass media" as a litmus test for what is normal. So you are probably totally normal. As far as masturbating, I think most people would agree that pleasure from...
  8. L

friend's child had a mycobacteria absess

Very interesting...my doctor says it is not transferred person to person (maybe the lymph node specific type?) - BUT everyone's reservation and my own certainly makes me concerned. I think I'll stay away until I can talk to my doctor about the situation and how it is really that different than...
  9. L

Anyone set up a self insured medical plan to lower the tax deduction threshold?

Some of you may remember the tax videos a few of us made a few years ago. I'm all about deducting everything I can due to cf or business, etc. If you and your spouse have a business (self employeed) you can set up a self insured medical plan to deduct any unreimbursed medical expenses. This is...
  10. L

PICC line chest pain?

The pro's of a port is managing it yourself and not having to be exposed to the hospital seen each time you need to do IVs. I access at home and get the drugs delivered and get rolling. I'm glad I have mine. I flush it every other month and after a few times using it with the help of home...
  11. L

Failed Frozen Embryo Transfer few questions any help appreciated

I don't think it applies since you are doing IVF. No need for the sperm to swim since the embryo is transferred. Pre-seed is a lubricant for sex that is more "sperm friendly" than say K-Y. Some cf women have speculated that it helped them get pregnant because it created a more natural lubricant...
  12. L

Coughing out plugs daily

I'm wondering what is going on with my body and why I am either producing these plugs or getting rid of old plugs. They do not seem very old and are light in color. Strange! I guess better out than in but still a little concerning. I do feel a bit victorious after clearing one though! Anyone go...
  13. L

friend's child had a mycobacteria absess

One of my very closest friend's daughter (age 4 now) had a lymph node swell so much it was visible on her neck. The area was also reddened. After much go round and various treatments (draining, antibiotics, etc.) it was managed at a big hospital under infectious disease and was found to be a...
  14. L

is home birth even an option?

If I had not dealt with hemoptysis I may have considered a homebirth due mostly to being germophobic of the hospital. Rightly so, my son and I picked up MRSA while in the hospital for delivery which reared its ugly head on day 11 of life for my son as mastitis. Unfortunately it's been in my...
  15. L

Tobi Program -- Statement of benefits "error"

This certainly seems fraudulent. I'm glad it didn't cost you more but still seems wrong!!