Recent content by Node

1. N

health insurance + job questions

I could work at star bucks or a place like that. Completely defeats the purpose of having gone to college but I guess it's something I have to consider. I took private loans out since I was young and naive and didn't think CF would ever catch up to me. Which means, consolidation is just...
  2. N

health insurance + job questions

Hey CF peoples! What do you guys suggest as far as jobs with good health insurance go? I have a BS in Kinesiology and I have 2.5 years experience managing a children's gymnastics center part time. I'm off my parent's health insurance at the end of March and I don't really have...
  3. N

Mycobacteria avium/ cavity in lung

I just finished a 9month marathon dual treatment of both MAC and AFB (m.avium and m.abcessus, respectively) I was on 4 IVs and 3 oral antibiotics a day. (ivs for afb and orals for mac.) It was a really rough 9 months and even though I tested negative for both infections almost immediately...
  4. N

CF tattoos

I'm thinking about getting a CF tattoo but none of the designs I see people getting really stick out to me. I guess I'm waiting til I think of that "perfect" image before I get one
  5. N

Almost 26 years old. Parents insurance coverage expires in 9 months. Options?

My loans are private not federal. My doctor has to declare me "permanently disabled" to discharge the loans which she wont do. Which makes me think I won't qualify for disabled depedent either. So my options are to somehow be declared "permanently disabled" and never work again...eliminating my...
  6. N

Almost 26 years old. Parents insurance coverage expires in 9 months. Options?

I'm 25 and will be 26 in March. I don't have a job that gives me access to affordable health insurance. I've been fighting an m.abcessus/m.avium lung infection since january with oral/IV antibiotics. I'm not sure I'm ready for full time work even though im much healither than I was before...
  7. N

Looking for some support/info on finding gainful employment

My banks put me on "forebearance." My interest continues to accrue but I dont have to pay for a few months. Unfortunately, in the end I'll end up having to pay a few more years of payments to make up for my forebearance. They wont even discuss deferring my payments unless I was declared...
  8. N

Looking for some support/info on finding gainful employment

<div class="usertext-body"> <div class="md"> I'm fighting m. abcessus and m. avium lung infections with IV/oral antibiotics going on 8 months now. I just graduated college last August with a BS in Kinesiology (so ***** useless) now Im buried in debt and my bank couldn't care less. I'm too...
  9. N

How do you guys deal?

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the patient assistance programs I really had no idea they gave a damn about their patients.
  10. N

How do you guys deal?

I recently returned from Walgreens empty handed because my card got declined. Thankfully this time I will be able to return tomorrow and get the pills I need. How do you guys deal with the extreme cost of medicine? Some corporation is profiteering off of my life and I have trouble dealing...
  11. N

Running!

Thanks for all the replies so far! My friend and I are actually training for a half marathon in March. After reading some posts I remembered all the things I have to be happy about! I'll definitely check out all those suggestions! I wish I had gotten involved with this community earlier. I...
  12. N

Running!

Thanks for all the replies so far! My friend and I are actually training for a half marathon in March. After reading some posts I remembered all the things I have to be happy about! I'll definitely check out all those suggestions! I wish I had gotten involved with this community earlier. I...
  13. N

Running!

14. N

Running!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, I've posted maybe twice in the past 3 years. I was diagnosed at 14 and I'm currently 23 years old. Recently, I started long distance running and I am up to 8 miles. I want to do something to get involved with the CF community. I am fighting depression and I...
  15. N

Running!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, I've posted maybe twice in the past 3 years. I was diagnosed at 14 and I'm currently 23 years old. Recently, I started long distance running and I am up to 8 miles. I want to do something to get involved with the CF community. I am fighting depression and I...