Recent content by verix

1. V

To all the green smoothies drinkers...and anyone with pseudo!!

Juicing RED CABBAGE seems to help getting rid of PA!! My son had a positive culture of PA in January. First time ever; considering that he is 10 y/o, diagnosed at 4 months old, I feel even lucky because he has been PA free for that long, I knew it was just about time to get PA, I spend endless...
  2. V

Trying to rid PA!

My son had a positive culture of PA in January. First time ever; considering that he is 10 y/o, diagnosed at 4 months old, I feel even lucky because he has been PA free for that long, I knew it was just about time to get PA, I spend endless hours reading about CF, in this forum and other...
  3. V

fungal infection - treatment?

My son had candidiasis in his lungs and was treated with 10 days of fluconazol by our Cf clinic... With a discussed plan with the nutritionist, I supported the treatment with a diet restricted in sugars and most carbs, only allowing some germinated low GI breads or pasta, easy to find in a...
  4. V

fungal infection - treatment?

My son had candidiasis in his lungs and was treated with 10 days of fluconazol by our Cf clinic... With a discussed plan with the nutritionist, I supported the treatment with a diet restricted in sugars and most carbs, only allowing some germinated low GI breads or pasta, easy to find in a...
  5. V

Confused and Frustrated

Besides to find is he has CF or not, which is very important, I will try to fix the constipation problem from a different perspective. I would try to check his diet: I would give him lots of kiwi (kiwi helps my entire family with constipation issues, and it is a great source of vitamin C), I...
  6. V

Confused and Frustrated

Besides to find is he has CF or not, which is very important, I will try to fix the constipation problem from a different perspective. I would try to check his diet: I would give him lots of kiwi (kiwi helps my entire family with constipation issues, and it is a great source of vitamin C), I...
  7. V

Confused and Frustrated

8. V

creon help

Hi, I had experience care for my son w/CF in Spain and in USA. In Spain docs at Hospital Universitario Infantil Niño Jesus, Madrid, tell us to give the creon 5-10 min before meals, because this way when food reach the intestine, the creon is there ready to work. When we came to the States, 5...
  9. V

creon help

Hi, I had experience care for my son w/CF in Spain and in USA. In Spain docs at Hospital Universitario Infantil Niño Jesus, Madrid, tell us to give the creon 5-10 min before meals, because this way when food reach the intestine, the creon is there ready to work. When we came to the States, 5...
  10. V

creon help