Search results

1. R

Pneumonia :(

Has anyone else dealt with pneumonia? I was doing so well until it hit. I'm 52 and completely healthy other than my CF lungs. It has left me needing supplemental O2 for the first time ever. I really would like to know how long to expect to need it. All other symptoms are resolving after 3...
  2. R

Kalydeco and unwanted weight gain???

Hi, I'm a 52-year-old female. I was thrilled my gene was approved to start Kalydeco in July 2017, and it's working great to thin and reduce secretions. However, I have a rare gene (1 copy L206W, 1 unidentified) and I'm pancreatic sufficient. I don't struggle to maintain my weight. I'm usually...
  3. R

Generic Pulmozyme

I just got a letter from my insurance saying Pulmozyme is now on the non-preferred drug list, b/c there is a new generic called Acetylcyst solution. Has anyone used it? I was able to refill Pulmozyme under my co-pay assistance plan, but I'm not sure how long that will work. Thanks! Rhonda
  4. R

Voice Loss or quality issues

Does anyone else suffer from voice loss? ENT blames Symbicort/Advair/Dulera. I've been switched around on each of these over the years. Currently, using Advair HFA 230/21. It's an intermittent problem, so I'm not sure I believe this is the cause. Sometimes, my vocal cords are so inflamed...
  5. R

Intermittent low grade fever

Does anyone have problems with low grade fever recurring? About every 3 or 4 days for a month now, I wake up feeling yucky and have around 99.6 or 99.7. It goes away with Alleve. My culture only shows Alkalegines (sp?) and Doc says this doesn't require treatment. Otherwise I feel well. Thanks!