Search results

1. 2

Has Anyone Tried Whole30 Diet to Fight Inflammation (not to lose weight)

I've been reading about the Whole30 diet/approach to eating (http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/ and in the book, "It Starts With Food") and could not find a thread on this forum. Whether based on food sensitivities, overactive immune systems, etc., inflammation is a true enemy for the...
  2. 2

NOT Too Young for Lungs!! Sarah Murnaghan needs our help NOW

Am posting this in both the family and adult forums. Please read the below article excerpt and consider signing the online petition and personally calling or emailing Katheen Sebelius at HHS ... and using social media to get the word out to everyone you know. Time is running out for this poor...
  3. 2

Not Too Young for Lungs!!! Sarah Murnaghan needs our help NOW

Am posting this in both the family and adult forums. Please read the below article excerpt and consider signing the online petition and personally calling or emailing Katheen Sebelius at HHS ... and using social media to get the word out to everyone you know. Time is running out for this poor...
  4. 2

Anybody Try Curcumin and Quercetin?

Has anybody tried using curcumin and quercetin supplements with any success? I have an acquaintance who keeps suggesting this for my kids and I see that there was some research done in 2004 (this acquaintance is a 50yo with health problems and NOT CF). I'm not finding anything current, though...
  5. 2

IV Port on Arm vs. Chest?

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especially the last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is in good shape now, so they are planning on doing the surgery soon. The thing is that she does NOT want...
  6. 2

Port Surg 2moro, Questions for You CF Experts NOW!

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided this morning to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especially the last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is tuned up, so they're doing the surgery TOMORROW! She is adamant that she does NOT want the...
  7. 2

Has anyone had sinus surgery due to polyps?

Hello! I'm new to forums and blogs ... I feel like a clumsy dinosaur! Anyway, I have two girls with CF, age 13 & 8, and my 13yo has sinus polyps requiring surgery, which is scheduled for mid-December. The polyps are causing demineralization of the bone around the sinus because they are so...
  8. 2

Has anyone had sinus surgery due to polyps?

Hello! I'm new to forums and blogs ... I feel like a clumsy dinosaur! Anyway, I have two girls with CF, age 13 & 8, and my 13yo has sinus polyps requiring surgery, which is scheduled for mid-December. The polyps are causing demineralization of the bone around the sinus because they are so...