Anyone go to University of Nebraska?

2cfers

Out of sheer frustration with our current clinic we are going to try UofN next appointment in October. Anyone have any advice or anything we should keep in mind or know before we go. We have 2 children to be seen.

I have talked to a couple of parents whos kids go there a couple of years ago when we were thinking of making a change but now we have an appointment.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

Christy

2cfers

Out of sheer frustration with our current clinic we are going to try UofN next appointment in October. Anyone have any advice or anything we should keep in mind or know before we go. We have 2 children to be seen.

I have talked to a couple of parents whos kids go there a couple of years ago when we were thinking of making a change but now we have an appointment.

Thanks,

Christy

2cfers

Thanks,

Christy

2cfers

Thanks,

Christy

2cfers

<br />
<br />I have talked to a couple of parents whos kids go there a couple of years ago when we were thinking of making a change but now we have an appointment.
<br />
<br />Any thoughts would be great.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Christy

lrbloms

If you are talking about the medical center in Omaha, I highly suggest it. I started seeing them in '93 and am still there although I have moved around Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas. I suggest Dr. Columbo. He is really good. Dr. Sammut is also really good. I believe the nurse coordinator is Dee. They work really well also with helping transition to the adult clinic, in which I am currently. Hope this helps. They are located on the first floor in a newly renovated area. In hospital staff also caters a little to CFers and the food is fairly decent. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to answer them if I can.

lrbloms

If you are talking about the medical center in Omaha, I highly suggest it. I started seeing them in '93 and am still there although I have moved around Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas. I suggest Dr. Columbo. He is really good. Dr. Sammut is also really good. I believe the nurse coordinator is Dee. They work really well also with helping transition to the adult clinic, in which I am currently. Hope this helps. They are located on the first floor in a newly renovated area. In hospital staff also caters a little to CFers and the food is fairly decent. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to answer them if I can.

lrbloms

lrbloms

lrbloms

triples15

Super Moderator
I also go to UNMC. I second lrbloms, and would highly recommend Dr. Columbo and Dr. Sammut. I'm also a fan of Dr. Thomas, so you really can't go wrong with any of them! I'm an adult but have been holding out in the pediatric clinic because I didn't want to leave the docs! I just found out this week that they can no longer see any adult patients in pediatrics, so needless to say I will be transitioning. I'm sure it will be a good thing in the long run, but very sad to be leaving.

I think the entire pediatric CF team (doctors, RT's, nurse, social worker, receptionist) is amazing and you will be in good hands. Let us know if you have any more questions!!

Take Care

triples15

Super Moderator
I also go to UNMC. I second lrbloms, and would highly recommend Dr. Columbo and Dr. Sammut. I'm also a fan of Dr. Thomas, so you really can't go wrong with any of them! I'm an adult but have been holding out in the pediatric clinic because I didn't want to leave the docs! I just found out this week that they can no longer see any adult patients in pediatrics, so needless to say I will be transitioning. I'm sure it will be a good thing in the long run, but very sad to be leaving.

I think the entire pediatric CF team (doctors, RT's, nurse, social worker, receptionist) is amazing and you will be in good hands. Let us know if you have any more questions!!

Take Care

triples15

Super Moderator

Take Care

triples15

Super Moderator

Take Care

triples15

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />I think the entire pediatric CF team (doctors, RT's, nurse, social worker, receptionist) is amazing and you will be in good hands. Let us know if you have any more questions!!
<br />
<br />Take Care

2cfers

Thanks alot for your input. We will be seeing Dr. Thomas for our 1st appointment. I am just a little nervous because it is such a big change. I talked to Dee on the phone and she seemed wonderful. She was very excited about their program which really was comforting.

Christy

2cfers

Thanks alot for your input. We will be seeing Dr. Thomas for our 1st appointment. I am just a little nervous because it is such a big change. I talked to Dee on the phone and she seemed wonderful. She was very excited about their program which really was comforting.

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

Christy

2cfers

<br />
<br />Christy