CF and IBS?

krisgabes

I have had some flare ups of belly distention, digestive issues, etc. in the past that I went to see my gastroenterologist for. She always was on the fence about diagnosing me with IBS. She always made sure that there was no infection of H. Pylori before concluding that as well. I've always had more prominent digestive involvement my whole life. My CF clinician suggested that my digestive system, as other CFers, have a sluggish digestive tract and sometimes things just don't move as quickly as they should and when that happens, it can feel much like IBS symptoms. We always would add some more enzymes to each meal, taking an acidophilus supplement, and the gastro gave me "Align" to help treat the immediate symptoms. Believe it or not, the Align did work! It really helped me. I also had some acid reflux so she gave me Protonix.

krisgabes

I have had some flare ups of belly distention, digestive issues, etc. in the past that I went to see my gastroenterologist for. She always was on the fence about diagnosing me with IBS. She always made sure that there was no infection of H. Pylori before concluding that as well. I've always had more prominent digestive involvement my whole life. My CF clinician suggested that my digestive system, as other CFers, have a sluggish digestive tract and sometimes things just don't move as quickly as they should and when that happens, it can feel much like IBS symptoms. We always would add some more enzymes to each meal, taking an acidophilus supplement, and the gastro gave me "Align" to help treat the immediate symptoms. Believe it or not, the Align did work! It really helped me. I also had some acid reflux so she gave me Protonix.

krisgabes

Simba15

Yes I do. The best thing for me has been to take chamomille pills which you get at a health food. store. none of the drugs i was ever given worked. also taking a metamucil helps

Simba15

Yes I do. The best thing for me has been to take chamomille pills which you get at a health food. store. none of the drugs i was ever given worked. also taking a metamucil helps

Simba15

rmotion

<P>For years I was struggling with my stomach. No matter what I did more pills, acid blockers, timing etc. nothing was working.</P>
<P>I went to a nutritionist and found out I had gluten sensitivity. Well low and behold gluten is the number one problem for all digestive ailments. From gas, bloating, heartburn, bowel problems etc. 99% of the time IBS is gluten sensitivity. Also gluten is indicated for diabetes, arthritis etc. There is a 50% chance that CF's have a big problem with gluten including having celiac.</P>
<P>Please do some research or contact me and I can help. GI docs are not the best go to source. Have your clinic test you first for IGE/IGA antibodies. </P>
<P>I have been gluten free for over 4 years and has made a huge life changing improvement in my bowels.</P>
<P> </P>

rmotion

<P>For years I was struggling with my stomach. No matter what I did more pills, acid blockers, timing etc. nothing was working.</P>
<P>I went to a nutritionist and found out I had gluten sensitivity. Well low and behold gluten is the number one problem for all digestive ailments. From gas, bloating, heartburn, bowel problems etc. 99% of the time IBS is gluten sensitivity. Also gluten is indicated for diabetes, arthritis etc. There is a 50% chance that CF's have a big problem with gluten including having celiac.</P>
<P>Please do some research or contact me and I can help. GI docs are not the best go to source. Have your clinic test you first for IGE/IGA antibodies. </P>
<P>I have been gluten free for over 4 years and has made a huge life changing improvement in my bowels.</P>
<P></P>

rmotion

<P><BR>For years I was struggling with my stomach. No matter what I did more pills, acid blockers, timing etc. nothing was working.</P>
<P></P>

Thank y'all so much for your answers. Rmotion, I will look into the gluten free because I think there could be something there. I was reading online about being gluten sensitive and I had a lot of those symptoms.

Thanks again!

Thank y'all so much for your answers. Rmotion, I will look into the gluten free because I think there could be something there. I was reading online about being gluten sensitive and I had a lot of those symptoms.

Thanks again!

<br />
<br />Thanks again!

krisgabes

So true, I didn't even think of getting a gluten sensitivity done.  I know I don't have a sensitivity but I've heard stories from people about how going gluten free has changed them for the better!  Good luck!

krisgabes

So true, I didn't even think of getting a gluten sensitivity done. I know I don't have a sensitivity but I've heard stories from people about how going gluten free has changed them for the better! Goodluck!

krisgabes

So true, I didn't even think of getting a gluten sensitivity done. I know I don't have a sensitivity but I've heard stories from people about how going gluten free has changed them for the better! Goodluck!<BR>