Edema and pain in the legs/ joints

bagged2drag

Anyone have any suggestions? I normally have a lot of pain issues with my joints. The last couple days, however, the pain has been beyond my joints. My legs, from about my calf down, has been super sore non-stop, and the lower part of my legs has been swelling up quickly after walking around. Anyone ever experience this?

I think I will call my doc on Monday if it is not better. I've been having a ton of stomach problems lately, the joint problems are getting worse as it gets cooler out, and now I have swelling and severe discomfort/pain in the legs as well. Not sure how much more I can handle-one of these days I'm going to just lose it. I've been extra irritable lately already. I worry because I've had kidney failure numerous times, and my creatnine is usually a bit elevated for my weight/size, and when I had kidney failure, that is the only other time I got swelling in my legs.

Thanks for any help, and I wish good health to you all.

bagged2drag

Anyone have any suggestions? I normally have a lot of pain issues with my joints. The last couple days, however, the pain has been beyond my joints. My legs, from about my calf down, has been super sore non-stop, and the lower part of my legs has been swelling up quickly after walking around. Anyone ever experience this?

I think I will call my doc on Monday if it is not better. I've been having a ton of stomach problems lately, the joint problems are getting worse as it gets cooler out, and now I have swelling and severe discomfort/pain in the legs as well. Not sure how much more I can handle-one of these days I'm going to just lose it. I've been extra irritable lately already. I worry because I've had kidney failure numerous times, and my creatnine is usually a bit elevated for my weight/size, and when I had kidney failure, that is the only other time I got swelling in my legs.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

<br />
<br /> I think I will call my doc on Monday if it is not better. I've been having a ton of stomach problems lately, the joint problems are getting worse as it gets cooler out, and now I have swelling and severe discomfort/pain in the legs as well. Not sure how much more I can handle-one of these days I'm going to just lose it. I've been extra irritable lately already. I worry because I've had kidney failure numerous times, and my creatnine is usually a bit elevated for my weight/size, and when I had kidney failure, that is the only other time I got swelling in my legs.
<br />
<br />Thanks for any help, and I wish good health to you all.

JazzysMom

Swelling is a definite cause for concern & given your history I wouldnt wait.

Hopefully its easily fixed.....

Let us know what happens!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Hopefully its easily fixed.....
<br />
<br />Let us know what happens!

MicheleGazelle

Watermelon is good kidney support and can help with edema. I used to have lots of issues with swollen lower legs/feet. It's a lot better. Part of that is because I switched to sea salt. And, for me, killing off infection greatly reduced my issues with joint pain.

But an acute crisis like this is probably not the time to be trying a bunch of alternative remedies you are unfamiliar with. I mean, have some watermelon if you want but if it doesn't turn around quickly, get yourself to the ER. Then consider making some conservative changes after you have stabilized to see if you can achieve gradual improvements.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Watermelon is good kidney support and can help with edema. I used to have lots of issues with swollen lower legs/feet. It's a lot better. Part of that is because I switched to sea salt. And, for me, killing off infection greatly reduced my issues with joint pain.

But an acute crisis like this is probably not the time to be trying a bunch of alternative remedies you are unfamiliar with. I mean, have some watermelon if you want but if it doesn't turn around quickly, get yourself to the ER. Then consider making some conservative changes after you have stabilized to see if you can achieve gradual improvements.

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck with this.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />But an acute crisis like this is probably not the time to be trying a bunch of alternative remedies you are unfamiliar with. I mean, have some watermelon if you want but if it doesn't turn around quickly, get yourself to the ER. Then consider making some conservative changes after you have stabilized to see if you can achieve gradual improvements.
<br />
<br />Good luck with this.

lilywing

I suffered this for the first time this summer. My legs (from the calf down) started to swell every day as soon as I got out of bed. It became so painful that I spent most of the time in bed. It was scary, especially because it wasn't getting better. My doctor was no help, as he told me it was obviously not that bad if I could get out of bed. Hello??? I was in serious pain if and when I did!! He also wanted to see the swelling at clinic (in the morning) before the swelling would reach it's peak. He outright refused to see my legs in the evening when they were fully swollen, so tight and heavy and hurting like a mf.
Eventually, he sent me for a bone scan, which supposedly revealed that I have Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy, occurs in a small percentage of CFers
But, I do not believe that this was the cause. Look it up and see if your symptoms fit the disorder, because mine did not (hto is characterized by more pain in the morning, getting better through out the day, some possible swelling just around the joints.) My legs were SO big from the knee downward)
Anyways, my doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory which did NOT work at all. He had me take it for one week with zero improvement. I suffered with this for over 2 weeks, and then seriously, one day it was all better and hasn't returned!!! ***knocks on wood***.
I was so worn down and emotionally distressed by the end. All that time, I was of course concerned about the problem. My doctor made it so much harder.

My theory was and still is that it was a result of a loss in kidney function due to an oral Fleet enema I had taken 2 days prior to the beginning of the swelling. AND I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

just wanted to share my experience with you and let you know that you're not alone. I hope things get better for you.

lilywing

I suffered this for the first time this summer. My legs (from the calf down) started to swell every day as soon as I got out of bed. It became so painful that I spent most of the time in bed. It was scary, especially because it wasn't getting better. My doctor was no help, as he told me it was obviously not that bad if I could get out of bed. Hello??? I was in serious pain if and when I did!! He also wanted to see the swelling at clinic (in the morning) before the swelling would reach it's peak. He outright refused to see my legs in the evening when they were fully swollen, so tight and heavy and hurting like a mf.
Eventually, he sent me for a bone scan, which supposedly revealed that I have Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy, occurs in a small percentage of CFers
But, I do not believe that this was the cause. Look it up and see if your symptoms fit the disorder, because mine did not (hto is characterized by more pain in the morning, getting better through out the day, some possible swelling just around the joints.) My legs were SO big from the knee downward)
Anyways, my doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory which did NOT work at all. He had me take it for one week with zero improvement. I suffered with this for over 2 weeks, and then seriously, one day it was all better and hasn't returned!!! ***knocks on wood***.
I was so worn down and emotionally distressed by the end. All that time, I was of course concerned about the problem. My doctor made it so much harder.

My theory was and still is that it was a result of a loss in kidney function due to an oral Fleet enema I had taken 2 days prior to the beginning of the swelling. AND I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

just wanted to share my experience with you and let you know that you're not alone. I hope things get better for you.

lilywing

lilywing

lilywing

<br />Eventually, he sent me for a bone scan, which supposedly revealed that I have Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy, occurs in a small percentage of CFers
<br />But, I do not believe that this was the cause. Look it up and see if your symptoms fit the disorder, because mine did not (hto is characterized by more pain in the morning, getting better through out the day, some possible swelling just around the joints.) My legs were SO big from the knee downward)
<br />Anyways, my doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory which did NOT work at all. He had me take it for one week with zero improvement. I suffered with this for over 2 weeks, and then seriously, one day it was all better and hasn't returned!!! ***knocks on wood***.
<br />I was so worn down and emotionally distressed by the end. All that time, I was of course concerned about the problem. My doctor made it so much harder.
<br />
<br />My theory was and still is that it was a result of a loss in kidney function due to an oral Fleet enema I had taken 2 days prior to the beginning of the swelling. AND I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
<br />
<br />just wanted to share my experience with you and let you know that you're not alone. I hope things get better for you.