FEV1

ambermarie03

I keep seeing everyone on here posting their FEV. How do I find out what mine is? I keep a copy of the PFT results after every appt and I'm just not sure what to look for. HELP! <STRONG></STRONG>

ambermarie03

I keep seeing everyone on here posting their FEV. How do I find out what mine is? I keep a copy of the PFT results after every appt and I'm just not sure what to look for. HELP! <STRONG></STRONG>

ambermarie03

<BR>I keep seeing everyone on here posting their FEV. How do I find out what mine is? I keep a copy of the PFT results after every appt and I'm just not sure what to look for. HELP! <STRONG><BR><BR></STRONG>

ambermarie03

I know what a PFT is and what the FEV1 is..i'm just not sure how to read my results to determine whether or not I have a good FEV1

ambermarie03

I know what a PFT is and what the FEV1 is..i'm just not sure how to read my results to determine whether or not I have a good FEV1

ambermarie03

L

lizlas

<P>Amberim from canada so mine may be diffrnt </P>
<P>paper says                                                   </P>
<P>spirometry</P>
<P>FVC LITERS  #                                               106%</P>
<P>FEV1 LITERS#                                                90%</P>
<P>   </P>
<P>just find fev1   and follow across </P>
<P> </P>
<P>ok saw yr other post so you were 1.97 </P>
<P>look for the word predicted or refernce   put 1.97 over the predictated or reference </P>
<P>and divide top #into bottom number and thats yr %</P>
<P> </P>
<P>i blew                                                              2.93litrs</P>
<P>Norm for my height and weight predictated is 3.22  lites</P>
<P>so 2.93 divided by 3.22                                91% </P>

L

lizlas

<P>Amberim from canada so mine may be diffrnt </P>
<P>paper says </P>
<P>spirometry</P>
<P>FVC LITERS # 106%</P>
<P>FEV1 LITERS# 90%</P>
<P> </P>
<P>just find fev1 and follow across </P>
<P></P>
<P>look for the word predicted or refernce put 1.97 over the predictated or reference </P>
<P></P>
<P>i blew 2.93litrs</P>
<P>Normfor my height and weight predictated is 3.22lites</P>
<P>so 2.93 divided by 3.22 91%</P>

L

lizlas

<P>Amber<BR>im from canada so mine may be diffrnt </P>
<P>paper says </P>
<P>spirometry</P>
<P>FVC LITERS # 106%</P>
<P>FEV1 LITERS# 90%</P>
<P> </P>
<P>just find fev1 and follow across </P>
<P></P>
<P>look for the word predicted or refernce put 1.97 over the predictated or reference </P>
<P></P>
<P>i blew 2.93litrs</P>
<P>Normfor my height and weight predictated is 3.22lites</P>
<P>so 2.93 divided by 3.22 91%</P>

Jana

Mine has numbers across like that as well. All the way to the right of each one is the percentage of what it should be. That's based on your height, weight, age, etc. That is the number most people throw around. If your FEV1 is 85%, that means it's at 85% of what it should be for your particular data.

The papers probably don't always look the same, but I would think that percentage is on their somewhere.

Hope that helps!

Jana

Mine has numbers across like that as well. All the way to the right of each one is the percentage of what it should be. That's based on your height, weight, age, etc. That is the number most people throw around. If your FEV1 is 85%, that means it's at 85% of what it should be for your particular data.

The papers probably don't always look the same, but I would think that percentage is on their somewhere.

Hope that helps!

Jana

<br />
<br />The papers probably don't always look the same, but I would think that percentage is on their somewhere.
<br />
<br />Hope that helps!

Havoc

I always ask for a copy of my PFT report. I'll try to scan it and post it later. It might help clear up some of the confusion.

Havoc

I always ask for a copy of my PFT report. I'll try to scan it and post it later. It might help clear up some of the confusion.

Havoc

Incomudrox

FEV1 is the amount of air you exhale in the first one second during a PFT. Some labs do not put it as a percent. They might have Liters. To get the percentage take the actual Liters divide it by the predicted liters to get the percent.
<br>
<br>So as an example this is not my FEV1 but.. here goes
<br>
<br>(1.74 (Actual Liters) divided by 3.89 (predicted Liters)) times 100 = 44.7300771 your FEV1 would be 44.7%<br><br>Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..<br>

Incomudrox

FEV1 is the amount of air you exhale in the first one second during a PFT. Some labs do not put it as a percent. They might have Liters. To get the percentage take the actual Liters divide it by the predicted liters to get the percent.
<br>
<br>So as an example this is not my FEV1 but.. here goes
<br>
<br>(1.74 (Actual Liters) divided by 3.89 (predicted Liters)) times 100 = 44.7300771 your FEV1 would be 44.7%<br><br>Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..<br>