FEV1

Incomudrox

FEV1 is the amount of air you exhale in the first one second during a PFT. Some labs do not put it as a percent. They might have Liters. To get the percentage take the actual Liters divide it by the predicted liters to get the percent.
<br>
<br>So as an example this is not my FEV1 but.. here goes
<br>
<br>(1.74 (Actual Liters) divided by 3.89 (predicted Liters)) times 100 = 44.7300771 your FEV1 would be 44.7%<br><br>Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..<br>

Jana

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..</end quote></div><br><br>Thanks--that makes me feel better!  I thought I had read everything but didn't see the bottom part of the one above mine before posting.  There was no need for my "not nearly as good an explanation" as the one already given!<br>

Jana

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..</end quote><br><br>Thanks--that makes me feel better! I thought I had read everything but didn't see the bottom part of the one above mine before posting. There was no need for my "not nearly as good an explanation" as the one already given!<br>

Jana

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i> Someone already said it, I should learn to read but i'll leave it anyways..</end quote><br><br>Thanks--that makes me feel better! I thought I had read everything but didn't see the bottom part of the one above mine before posting. There was no need for my "not nearly as good an explanation" as the one already given!<br>