its getting bad.

duke1234

my fev1 is at about 35% and i just got out of the hospital a few months ago.. last night i had a fever and was short of breath really bad.... my cf doctor DR. Caplan suggested that i go to the ER to get a chest x-ray to see if i had a collapsed lung and to get oxygen.
this scared me because i know that he is not the type of doctor that exagerates things so i know he was being real with me..
anyway i talked my parents out of both ideas...
i'm 15 years old now and i have started distancing myself from friends because i feel like i only realisticly have 4 or 5 years left max. so i dont want to put that hurt of loss on my friends .
dont even really know why im telling this just kinda hoping somebody can say im not alone....

duke1234

my fev1 is at about 35% and i just got out of the hospital a few months ago.. last night i had a fever and was short of breath really bad.... my cf doctor DR. Caplan suggested that i go to the ER to get a chest x-ray to see if i had a collapsed lung and to get oxygen.
this scared me because i know that he is not the type of doctor that exagerates things so i know he was being real with me..
i'm 15 years old now and i have started distancing myself from friends because i feel like i only realisticly have 4 or 5 years left max. so i dont want to put that hurt of loss on my friends .
dont even really know why im telling this just kinda hoping somebody can say im not alone....

duke1234

duke1234

duke1234

<br />this scared me because i know that he is not the type of doctor that exagerates things so i know he was being real with me..
<br />anyway i talked my parents out of both ideas...
<br />i'm 15 years old now and i have started distancing myself from friends because i feel like i only realisticly have 4 or 5 years left max. so i dont want to put that hurt of loss on my friends .
<br /> dont even really know why im telling this just kinda hoping somebody can say im not alone....

JORDYSMOM

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so bad. I know you're not alone in the way you feel. Have you been to the teens section here? I'm sure there are people your age who completely understand.

I will say this though. Please don't make decisions for your friends. People who really care about you would rather have you for a short time than not have you at all. We all touch each other's lives whether it's for 5 years or 5 days. Don't take that away from your friends. You are not saving them any heartache that way.

I hope your doctor can get you on a treatment plan that will make you feel better very soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so bad. I know you're not alone in the way you feel. Have you been to the teens section here? I'm sure there are people your age who completely understand.

I will say this though. Please don't make decisions for your friends. People who really care about you would rather have you for a short time than not have you at all. We all touch each other's lives whether it's for 5 years or 5 days. Don't take that away from your friends. You are not saving them any heartache that way.

I hope your doctor can get you on a treatment plan that will make you feel better very soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />I will say this though. Please don't make decisions for your friends. People who really care about you would rather have you for a short time than not have you at all. We all touch each other's lives whether it's for 5 years or 5 days. Don't take that away from your friends. You are not saving them any heartache that way.
<br />
<br />I hope your doctor can get you on a treatment plan that will make you feel better very soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
<br />
<br />Stacey

nuttzzy

your not alone man im the same way i dont have my friends cause im scared of how bad they will be hurt later...

nuttzzy

your not alone man im the same way i dont have my friends cause im scared of how bad they will be hurt later...

nuttzzy

nuttzzy

nuttzzy

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. My son also had feelings like you are having when he was very sick.

At the time he told us that his friends were treating him differently than before he was sick. Recently we figured out that he had put up a barrier around himself and had pushed them away. That's why they were treating him differently. He thought it would protect them from his pain,and it would protect him from questions and embarrassment. He learned that it didn't do anything but cause more hard feelings.

Your friends deserve to be treated the same as always. You do too. Your illness won't get in the way unless you let it. You need each other even if it doesn't seem so right now.

Is the a social worker at your clinic who can help with this? Good luck.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. My son also had feelings like you are having when he was very sick.

At the time he told us that his friends were treating him differently than before he was sick. Recently we figured out that he had put up a barrier around himself and had pushed them away. That's why they were treating him differently. He thought it would protect them from his pain,and it would protect him from questions and embarrassment. He learned that it didn't do anything but cause more hard feelings.

Your friends deserve to be treated the same as always. You do too. Your illness won't get in the way unless you let it. You need each other even if it doesn't seem so right now.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />At the time he told us that his friends were treating him differently than before he was sick. Recently we figured out that he had put up a barrier around himself and had pushed them away. That's why they were treating him differently. He thought it would protect them from his pain,and it would protect him from questions and embarrassment. He learned that it didn't do anything but cause more hard feelings.
<br />
<br />Your friends deserve to be treated the same as always. You do too. Your illness won't get in the way unless you let it. You need each other even if it doesn't seem so right now.
<br />
<br />Is the a social worker at your clinic who can help with this? Good luck.