Mold/fungus

thefrogprincess

I was just thinking that with the high amounts of mold and fungus that grown in my area (hurray for lotsa rain) maybe I should get a mold/fungus panel on my next sputum culture. Am I correct in assuming that this is not part of a normal culture?

Tell me all about your mold guys!!!

thefrogprincess

I was just thinking that with the high amounts of mold and fungus that grown in my area (hurray for lotsa rain) maybe I should get a mold/fungus panel on my next sputum culture. Am I correct in assuming that this is not part of a normal culture?

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />Tell me all about your mold guys!!!

NYCLawGirl

I grew aspergillus and, unless a special test was ordered without my knowledge, my doctor found it during a routine culture. But I would ask your doc. Living in those damp climates can def. affect what you grow, and you don't wanna mess around with that junk.

Sorry to ask a piggy-back question on your thread, but is it possible to get rid of these molds/fungi once you grow them? The reason I ask is I had a bronch this spring and I believe it came back clear of the fungus (I had been on vfend), but I gather most aspergillus doesn't go away so easily?

NYCLawGirl

I grew aspergillus and, unless a special test was ordered without my knowledge, my doctor found it during a routine culture. But I would ask your doc. Living in those damp climates can def. affect what you grow, and you don't wanna mess around with that junk.

Sorry to ask a piggy-back question on your thread, but is it possible to get rid of these molds/fungi once you grow them? The reason I ask is I had a bronch this spring and I believe it came back clear of the fungus (I had been on vfend), but I gather most aspergillus doesn't go away so easily?

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />Sorry to ask a piggy-back question on your thread, but is it possible to get rid of these molds/fungi once you grow them? The reason I ask is I had a bronch this spring and I believe it came back clear of the fungus (I had been on vfend), but I gather most aspergillus doesn't go away so easily?

AnD

I don't know, but my allergist asked (and gave me the written instructions) that she wants a few tests done on me when I have my yearlies done at clinic, because I am allergic to Aspergillus.

AnD

I don't know, but my allergist asked (and gave me the written instructions) that she wants a few tests done on me when I have my yearlies done at clinic, because I am allergic to Aspergillus.

AnD

AnD

AnD

Diane

Mine didnt test for it ever during a routine sputum sample. What got her to test for it was when i had a cat scan and she saw a few small masses on the scan in my lungs. One bigger and 2 smaller. She said they look like the classic Aspergilloma ( fungus ball) She right away put me on Itraconazole, but it didnt shirnk it so she switched me to Vfend. It has kept it in check but they arent shrinking really all that much and may never, but at least they stay the same size. I cant stand the vfend because of how it affects my vision 1/2 hour after taking it. My Dr. recently told me i will be on it for life since the fungus ball will not ever go away....ugggggg

Diane

Mine didnt test for it ever during a routine sputum sample. What got her to test for it was when i had a cat scan and she saw a few small masses on the scan in my lungs. One bigger and 2 smaller. She said they look like the classic Aspergilloma ( fungus ball) She right away put me on Itraconazole, but it didnt shirnk it so she switched me to Vfend. It has kept it in check but they arent shrinking really all that much and may never, but at least they stay the same size. I cant stand the vfend because of how it affects my vision 1/2 hour after taking it. My Dr. recently told me i will be on it for life since the fungus ball will not ever go away....ugggggg

Diane

Diane

Diane