Pooping questions... kind of delicate

hmw

Emily is 8 so I have limited involvement in her potty functions nowadays, other than keeping tabs on what her poop looks like in the toilet on a regular basis. But last weekend we were in a public bathroom where I had to help keep her from dropping her fancy dress into the toilet (hahaha... you moms of girls know what I mean!) and I saw something that concerned me just a little and I wondered if this is something that is common at all to any of you. While she was going I could clearly see some reddish/purple colored tissue, it didn't stick OUT but I could see it- at least an inch of it all the way around.

Now, someone had posted a while back about their baby and asked about seeing something inside their rectum as they were stooling and I'd replied that I could see something similar with Emily on occasion as an infant; but this was much bigger and I could see it just by looking down from above her as she went. Rather than sticking out it just looked like the opening to her rectum got really big and I could see the musculature inside, if that makes sense. But it looked weird. She had her typical bm: a very big load, but soft and while it's clearly 'work' for her to go, she doesn't avoid going to the bathroom (she goes like clockwork every day) or complain about any pain.

She has a small fold? bump? of skin on the outside of the rectum that I also came to notice. I have no idea what to make of that either and it's hard to get a good look at it without offending her um, sense of dignity. She has never had blood when stooling that I know of so I don't think it's a hemorrhoid... but who knows.

Sorry for this long post. I did some searches here and read about rectal prolapse and it doesn't seem to be like that but it doesn't seem normal, either. She has a clinic appt. coming up next week and I intend on asking her dr. about it, but was wondering if anyone had any input for me.

hmw

Emily is 8 so I have limited involvement in her potty functions nowadays, other than keeping tabs on what her poop looks like in the toilet on a regular basis. But last weekend we were in a public bathroom where I had to help keep her from dropping her fancy dress into the toilet (hahaha... you moms of girls know what I mean!) and I saw something that concerned me just a little and I wondered if this is something that is common at all to any of you. While she was going I could clearly see some reddish/purple colored tissue, it didn't stick OUT but I could see it- at least an inch of it all the way around.

Now, someone had posted a while back about their baby and asked about seeing something inside their rectum as they were stooling and I'd replied that I could see something similar with Emily on occasion as an infant; but this was much bigger and I could see it just by looking down from above her as she went. Rather than sticking out it just looked like the opening to her rectum got really big and I could see the musculature inside, if that makes sense. But it looked weird. She had her typical bm: a very big load, but soft and while it's clearly 'work' for her to go, she doesn't avoid going to the bathroom (she goes like clockwork every day) or complain about any pain.

She has a small fold? bump? of skin on the outside of the rectum that I also came to notice. I have no idea what to make of that either and it's hard to get a good look at it without offending her um, sense of dignity. She has never had blood when stooling that I know of so I don't think it's a hemorrhoid... but who knows.

Sorry for this long post. I did some searches here and read about rectal prolapse and it doesn't seem to be like that but it doesn't seem normal, either. She has a clinic appt. coming up next week and I intend on asking her dr. about it, but was wondering if anyone had any input for me.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />Now, someone had posted a while back about their baby and asked about seeing something inside their rectum as they were stooling and I'd replied that I could see something similar with Emily on occasion as an infant; but this was much bigger and I could see it just by looking down from above her as she went. Rather than sticking out it just looked like the opening to her rectum got really big and I could see the musculature inside, if that makes sense. But it looked weird. She had her typical bm: a very big load, but soft and while it's clearly 'work' for her to go, she doesn't avoid going to the bathroom (she goes like clockwork every day) or complain about any pain.
<br />
<br />She has a small fold? bump? of skin on the outside of the rectum that I also came to notice. I have no idea what to make of that either and it's hard to get a good look at it without offending her um, sense of dignity. She has never had blood when stooling that I know of so I don't think it's a hemorrhoid... but who knows.
<br />
<br />Sorry for this long post. I did some searches here and read about rectal prolapse and it doesn't seem to be like that but it doesn't seem normal, either. She has a clinic appt. coming up next week and I intend on asking her dr. about it, but was wondering if anyone had any input for me.

amber682

I think that was my post you were referring to. You described it perfectly. I haven't seen that happen since. I still am not sure if it was a partial prolapse or not, but it resolved on its own.

amber682

I think that was my post you were referring to. You described it perfectly. I haven't seen that happen since. I still am not sure if it was a partial prolapse or not, but it resolved on its own.

amber682

amber682

amber682

S

sdelorenzo

My son has something similar like that happen when he was two. I immediately called his GI dr. His dr told me pretty much that I shouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't happen often.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 5 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

My son has something similar like that happen when he was two. I immediately called his GI dr. His dr told me pretty much that I shouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't happen often.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 5 months no cf

ctalbott0609

The "bump" COULD be a Cyst. Without getting too personal, I developed one after having my son, but it developed where I had torn during delivery. It would stand to reason that with all of the bulky stools CFers have, it would be quite possible that she could have damaged her rectum at one point, and this is the result. Mine was discovered last year, my son is three now, and The Dr. said that it could be taken care of at my convenience, seen as how its not painful/damaging. Once again though, I'm new to CF so I could be wrong. This is just from a non-CF pov. I hope that helps a little though.

ctalbott0609

The "bump" COULD be a Cyst. Without getting too personal, I developed one after having my son, but it developed where I had torn during delivery. It would stand to reason that with all of the bulky stools CFers have, it would be quite possible that she could have damaged her rectum at one point, and this is the result. Mine was discovered last year, my son is three now, and The Dr. said that it could be taken care of at my convenience, seen as how its not painful/damaging. Once again though, I'm new to CF so I could be wrong. This is just from a non-CF pov. I hope that helps a little though.

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609