Question 4

Imogene

Administrator
Have you or your family members ever experienced difficulty paying medical bills? What do you think
policy makers can do to address this problem?

Imogene

Administrator
Have you or your family members ever experienced difficulty paying medical bills? What do you think

Imogene

Administrator

Imogene

Administrator

Imogene

Administrator
<br />policy makers can do to address this problem?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Not yet, but caring for a CF child in this worsening economy; I am sure we will. One problem is the underinsured or uninsured often get caught up in paying a higher price than those insured or those on Medicare for the SAME hospital procedures. The health insurance company will say; they will ONLY reimburse at a certain rate so the hospital will agree to the lower rate but still charge a uninsured person the higher rate because they can and the uninsured person does not have someone negotiating a fair price for them.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Not yet, but caring for a CF child in this worsening economy; I am sure we will. One problem is the underinsured or uninsured often get caught up in paying a higher price than those insured or those on Medicare for the SAME hospital procedures. The health insurance company will say; they will ONLY reimburse at a certain rate so the hospital will agree to the lower rate but still charge a uninsured person the higher rate because they can and the uninsured person does not have someone negotiating a fair price for them.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

fourkidsmom

This worries me all the time, sometimes I think it hurts my health. We have been ok thus far, but like Rebecca said with the economy I feel it can happen anytime.

fourkidsmom

This worries me all the time, sometimes I think it hurts my health. We have been ok thus far, but like Rebecca said with the economy I feel it can happen anytime.

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom