Question 4

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

i have purposely taken the tough road to get a higher education so that i could be more selective with my employment options (with good health insurance) and to open up more employment opportunities should it become harder for me to work as the disease progresses.

i realize CF parents are in a very different situation than CFer's themselves, as CFer's can plan their live with CF whereas for most parents of CFer's the kid with CF was a surprise. But for CFer's, putting all energy, time, resources and effort into gaining an education to open job opportunities is one of the best ways to stay in control of the insurance situation.</end quote></div>

Not all CFers are medically able to work on a full time basis let alone attend college on a full time basis.
CFers can not totally plan their life, even if they are working a good job with great benefits and income, and they become ill, things can quickly change with their ability to pay. A USC MBA degree doesn't do much good from a hospital bed.

So to answer the question, I do not think insurance should strictly be based on your current job. COBRA is not practicly for most and pre exsisting conditions should not be able to be used against someone obtaining an afforadable and fair health insurance policty.

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

i have purposely taken the tough road to get a higher education so that i could be more selective with my employment options (with good health insurance) and to open up more employment opportunities should it become harder for me to work as the disease progresses.

i realize CF parents are in a very different situation than CFer's themselves, as CFer's can plan their live with CF whereas for most parents of CFer's the kid with CF was a surprise. But for CFer's, putting all energy, time, resources and effort into gaining an education to open job opportunities is one of the best ways to stay in control of the insurance situation.</end quote></div>

Not all CFers are medically able to work on a full time basis let alone attend college on a full time basis.
CFers can not totally plan their life, even if they are working a good job with great benefits and income, and they become ill, things can quickly change with their ability to pay. A USC MBA degree doesn't do much good from a hospital bed.

So to answer the question, I do not think insurance should strictly be based on your current job. COBRA is not practicly for most and pre exsisting conditions should not be able to be used against someone obtaining an afforadable and fair health insurance policty.

Sakem

Sakem

i realize CF parents are in a very different situation than CFer's themselves, as CFer's can plan their live with CF whereas for most parents of CFer's the kid with CF was a surprise. But for CFer's, putting all energy, time, resources and effort into gaining an education to open job opportunities is one of the best ways to stay in control of the insurance situation.</end quote>

Sakem

<br />
<br />i have purposely taken the tough road to get a higher education so that i could be more selective with my employment options (with good health insurance) and to open up more employment opportunities should it become harder for me to work as the disease progresses.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />i realize CF parents are in a very different situation than CFer's themselves, as CFer's can plan their live with CF whereas for most parents of CFer's the kid with CF was a surprise. But for CFer's, putting all energy, time, resources and effort into gaining an education to open job opportunities is one of the best ways to stay in control of the insurance situation.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Not all CFers are medically able to work on a full time basis let alone attend college on a full time basis.
<br />CFers can not totally plan their life, even if they are working a good job with great benefits and income, and they become ill, things can quickly change with their ability to pay. A USC MBA degree doesn't do much good from a hospital bed.
<br />
<br />So to answer the question, I do not think insurance should strictly be based on your current job. COBRA is not practicly for most and pre exsisting conditions should not be able to be used against someone obtaining an afforadable and fair health insurance policty.

ginandbrea

I second Sakem, not everyone with CF or not has that opportunity to attend college and earn a degree. Right now I am just trying to get my child through elementary school. And I have my own made up acronym for COBRA !

ginandbrea

I second Sakem, not everyone with CF or not has that opportunity to attend college and earn a degree. Right now I am just trying to get my child through elementary school. And I have my own made up acronym for COBRA !

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

ginandbrea

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have been very fortunate thay our health insurance covers all of the boys' needs so far.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have been very fortunate thay our health insurance covers all of the boys' needs so far.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

regina65

i have the same problem i get ssi in arkansas dont get much of a check but as long as i get $1 in ssi benefits i am elgible for medicaid thats the reason we havent got married because i will lose my medicaid and insurance thru bcbs is $400 a month and a year waiting period and then 2000 deductible

regina/44/w/cf

regina65

i have the same problem i get ssi in arkansas dont get much of a check but as long as i get $1 in ssi benefits i am elgible for medicaid thats the reason we havent got married because i will lose my medicaid and insurance thru bcbs is $400 a month and a year waiting period and then 2000 deductible

regina/44/w/cf

regina65

regina/44/w/cf

regina65

regina/44/w/cf

regina65

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /> regina/44/w/cf