some help with anyone has taken cymbalta

regina65

I started on Cymbalta 5 days ago . The first dose (30mg) made me kind of sleepy and that was good b/c I haven't been sleeping b/c of the anxiety and panic attacks. But now I have a belly ache pretty much all day and no appetite. And about the first 5 hrs after I take it my heart rate isnt right. And the insomnia is worse now than before. I read some of the post on here about antidepressants , so should i wait it out and see if the side effects get better or call my doc and get something different. And some of my anxiety is the cf but I think some may be hormonal b/c I am 45. Has anyone else had anything like this with this medication.

regina65

I started on Cymbalta 5 days ago . The first dose (30mg) made me kind of sleepy and that was good b/c I haven't been sleeping b/c of the anxiety and panic attacks. But now I have a belly ache pretty much all day and no appetite. And about the first 5 hrs after I take it my heart rate isnt right. And the insomnia is worse now than before. I read some of the post on here about antidepressants , so should i wait it out and see if the side effects get better or call my doc and get something different. And some of my anxiety is the cf but I think some may be hormonal b/c I am 45. Has anyone else had anything like this with this medication.

regina65

regina65

regina65

hmw

I took Cymbalta for quite a while and I had really bad nausea and loss of appetite, both when I started it and when I increased my dose... probably for about a month. It's hard for me to say if you should wait this out because I don't know how nutritionally compromised you are due to your cf~ in my case it went away even though it was really awful while it lasted. I only put up with it because I was in bad shape w/ my anxiety when I went on it and really needed the help.

It was more sedating to me than anything else... but I have been on something else long-term that causes insomnia so any side effect in this area is very hard for me to accurately judge. The heart-rate thing is a bit concerning to me. I would mention that to the dr.

hmw

I took Cymbalta for quite a while and I had really bad nausea and loss of appetite, both when I started it and when I increased my dose... probably for about a month. It's hard for me to say if you should wait this out because I don't know how nutritionally compromised you are due to your cf~ in my case it went away even though it was really awful while it lasted. I only put up with it because I was in bad shape w/ my anxiety when I went on it and really needed the help.

It was more sedating to me than anything else... but I have been on something else long-term that causes insomnia so any side effect in this area is very hard for me to accurately judge. The heart-rate thing is a bit concerning to me. I would mention that to the dr.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />It was more sedating to me than anything else... but I have been on something else long-term that causes insomnia so any side effect in this area is very hard for me to accurately judge. The heart-rate thing is a bit concerning to me. I would mention that to the dr.

regina65

I am thinking the same about the heart rate. I didnt take it last night and slept better taking ambien. I did some research on it and the reason for the heart rate maybe due to my hypothyroidism with the cymbalta. So I guess i will call tomorrow and ask for something different

regina65

I am thinking the same about the heart rate. I didnt take it last night and slept better taking ambien. I did some research on it and the reason for the heart rate maybe due to my hypothyroidism with the cymbalta. So I guess i will call tomorrow and ask for something different

regina65

regina65

regina65

regina65

Well the doc ( my pcp not cf doc) wants to put me on lexapro now. I read up on it and it has the same side effects that the cymbalta did so what's the use in trying it. I don't get the doctors outlook on these drugs. On Sunday night I tried a 5 mg valium b/c I was having some major panic attacks and couldn't even sit down and eat a meal. The valium calmed me down didn't put me to sleep but at least i was calm. I call the doc yesterday and tell him about the valium. But no he wont put me on it. They would rather give me something that causes no appetite and heart palpitations and nausea. I'm not taking the lexapro. I am 45 and don't need a drug that messes up my ticker. I am looking for something herbal. Anyone with any ideas?

regina65

Well the doc ( my pcp not cf doc) wants to put me on lexapro now. I read up on it and it has the same side effects that the cymbalta did so what's the use in trying it. I don't get the doctors outlook on these drugs. On Sunday night I tried a 5 mg valium b/c I was having some major panic attacks and couldn't even sit down and eat a meal. The valium calmed me down didn't put me to sleep but at least i was calm. I call the doc yesterday and tell him about the valium. But no he wont put me on it. They would rather give me something that causes no appetite and heart palpitations and nausea. I'm not taking the lexapro. I am 45 and don't need a drug that messes up my ticker. I am looking for something herbal. Anyone with any ideas?

regina65

regina65

regina65