Tune up survival

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Your own towel -- hospital towels are usually thin and not very big.

Slippers or slip on shoes like crocks that you can either toss or sanitize when you get home.

Pens and something to write on... My pens kept disappearing.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Slippers or slip on shoes like crocks that you can either toss or sanitize when you get home.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Slippers or slip on shoes like crocks that you can either toss or sanitize when you get home.
<br />
<br />Pens and something to write on... My pens kept disappearing.

M

MCGrad2006

Do I remember that you knit? I bring knitting, although depending on where in the crease of your arm the picc is, it might be difficult to move the needles.

DEF comfy PJ's, sweat pants, t-shirts...and a zip up or button up sweatshirt/sweater. You will need easy access to your PICC, but I often get cold, so those types of sweats will be useful.

Good luck and hopefully you will have internet access to update and get advice if you need it!

M

MCGrad2006

Do I remember that you knit? I bring knitting, although depending on where in the crease of your arm the picc is, it might be difficult to move the needles.

DEF comfy PJ's, sweat pants, t-shirts...and a zip up or button up sweatshirt/sweater. You will need easy access to your PICC, but I often get cold, so those types of sweats will be useful.

Good luck and hopefully you will have internet access to update and get advice if you need it!

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />DEF comfy PJ's, sweat pants, t-shirts...and a zip up or button up sweatshirt/sweater. You will need easy access to your PICC, but I often get cold, so those types of sweats will be useful.
<br />
<br />Good luck and hopefully you will have internet access to update and get advice if you need it!

mamerth

Thank you!!! I will check out the above link and print off the above stuff as well. I sure how I can knit with my PICC in place. Yes, I get cold all the time so loose fitting sweaters will be in my suitcase. I am definitely going to take my favorite movies (doesn't look like the room has cable tv).

Should I bring my own nebulizer??

I am planning to bring some books as well. I am so behind on reading my favorite books. From the hospital website I looks like I have internet. That in itself will be a lifesaver!! I surf the internet all the time at home.

Again thank you all for help!!

mamerth

Thank you!!! I will check out the above link and print off the above stuff as well. I sure how I can knit with my PICC in place. Yes, I get cold all the time so loose fitting sweaters will be in my suitcase. I am definitely going to take my favorite movies (doesn't look like the room has cable tv).

I am planning to bring some books as well. I am so behind on reading my favorite books. From the hospital website I looks like I have internet. That in itself will be a lifesaver!! I surf the internet all the time at home.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

<br />
<br />Should I bring my own nebulizer??
<br />
<br /> I am planning to bring some books as well. I am so behind on reading my favorite books. From the hospital website I looks like I have internet. That in itself will be a lifesaver!! I surf the internet all the time at home.
<br />
<br />Again thank you all for help!!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Should not have to bring a compressor and they should provide you with nebulizer (cups) though you'll want to keep an eye on them -- since there's no way to clean them, you may have to insist on a clean set each time -- some places like to leave them hanging on the wall and reuse them all day long. I did have some spare sets, unopened in our suitcase just in case, along with albuterol/atrovent in case the RTs got delayed and we wanted to start DS' vest and keep on schedule.

We also had along DS' vest, but hospital policy preferred not to use our equipment. They had one time use tubes for the machine and vests as well, but DS was having issues with things looking different, being different, so we ended up using his regular vest because is was black and the one time use one was white...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Should not have to bring a compressor and they should provide you with nebulizer (cups) though you'll want to keep an eye on them -- since there's no way to clean them, you may have to insist on a clean set each time -- some places like to leave them hanging on the wall and reuse them all day long. I did have some spare sets, unopened in our suitcase just in case, along with albuterol/atrovent in case the RTs got delayed and we wanted to start DS' vest and keep on schedule.

We also had along DS' vest, but hospital policy preferred not to use our equipment. They had one time use tubes for the machine and vests as well, but DS was having issues with things looking different, being different, so we ended up using his regular vest because is was black and the one time use one was white...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We also had along DS' vest, but hospital policy preferred not to use our equipment. They had one time use tubes for the machine and vests as well, but DS was having issues with things looking different, being different, so we ended up using his regular vest because is was black and the one time use one was white...