Vitamin K and insurance coverage

mackenziesmom

Does anyone have any suggestions/resources I might use in my battle with my insurance company regarding mephyton (Vitamin K)? They have always covered it until this year. I've been denied twice by Medco and my final appeal is with American Airlines. My doctor has written two forceful letters as have I.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been through this. The doctor said he's never encountered this problem before. My son might also be listed for a transplant soon so I know his intake of Vitamin K is critical.
I appreciate any advice/thoughts on the subject.
joan

mackenziesmom

Does anyone have any suggestions/resources I might use in my battle with my insurance company regarding mephyton (Vitamin K)? They have always covered it until this year. I've been denied twice by Medco and my final appeal is with American Airlines. My doctor has written two forceful letters as have I.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been through this. The doctor said he's never encountered this problem before. My son might also be listed for a transplant soon so I know his intake of Vitamin K is critical.
joan

mackenziesmom

joan

mackenziesmom

joan

mackenziesmom

<br />I'm just wondering if anyone else has been through this. The doctor said he's never encountered this problem before. My son might also be listed for a transplant soon so I know his intake of Vitamin K is critical.
<br />I appreciate any advice/thoughts on the subject.
<br />joan

aannddd

Hi,

I am an Human Resource Manager and also a mom to a CFer. Needless to say, I am a whiz with the insurance. To help you out I need some specific information about your health insurance, that you probably don't want to put on a public forum. Please feel free to send me a private message. We can exchange contact information there and I will see if I can help.

Andrea

aannddd

Hi,

I am an Human Resource Manager and also a mom to a CFer. Needless to say, I am a whiz with the insurance. To help you out I need some specific information about your health insurance, that you probably don't want to put on a public forum. Please feel free to send me a private message. We can exchange contact information there and I will see if I can help.

Andrea

aannddd

Hi,

Andrea

aannddd

Hi,

Andrea

aannddd

Hi,
<br />
<br />I am an Human Resource Manager and also a mom to a CFer. Needless to say, I am a whiz with the insurance. To help you out I need some specific information about your health insurance, that you probably don't want to put on a public forum. Please feel free to send me a private message. We can exchange contact information there and I will see if I can help.
<br />
<br />Andrea

jena

It's been my understanding that insurance companies (most of them at least) do NOT cover vitamins.... regardless of their necessity to the patient. My son's CF vitamins (Source CF softgels) and vitamin D supplements (both filled at the pharmacy) are paid out of pocket. We have Medco as primary and Medicaid as secondary. Neither will pay for it. If you have any luck in your appeal, I'd like to know how you did it. From what I've been told, this is a pretty firm policy (not covering vitamins).

Jena
mom to 7yr old with CF
4 yr old no CF

jena

It's been my understanding that insurance companies (most of them at least) do NOT cover vitamins.... regardless of their necessity to the patient. My son's CF vitamins (Source CF softgels) and vitamin D supplements (both filled at the pharmacy) are paid out of pocket. We have Medco as primary and Medicaid as secondary. Neither will pay for it. If you have any luck in your appeal, I'd like to know how you did it. From what I've been told, this is a pretty firm policy (not covering vitamins).

Jena
mom to 7yr old with CF
4 yr old no CF

jena

Jena
mom to 7yr old with CF
4 yr old no CF

jena

Jena
mom to 7yr old with CF
4 yr old no CF

jena

<br />
<br />Jena
<br />mom to 7yr old with CF
<br />4 yr old no CF

combo76

I hope Andrea can help you.... My son had rickets as a baby, and had 2 broken bones as a toddler, he required vitamin D. Insurance would not cover an ounce of it. It was all out of pocket. I had 3 doctors writing letters to both insurance companies, and they could not / would not do it. I really hope you have some luck with Andrea's assistance. My insurance companies would not budge, because they are "vitamins".

combo76

I hope Andrea can help you.... My son had rickets as a baby, and had 2 broken bones as a toddler, he required vitamin D. Insurance would not cover an ounce of it. It was all out of pocket. I had 3 doctors writing letters to both insurance companies, and they could not / would not do it. I really hope you have some luck with Andrea's assistance. My insurance companies would not budge, because they are "vitamins".

combo76

combo76

combo76