zantac alternative??

2perfectboys

Fructose is NOT a healthier sugar! It is a commerical refined sugar, def not natural which from your first post I got the impression u were determined that natural was better than any man made prescription mecicatons or substances. By giving this amount at every meal I think u could be doing more harm. Do a search on Frutose harmul and u will discover all these.
Main reason to avoid fructose is because it is absorbed primarily in the jejunum and metabolized in the liver. Fructose is converted to fatty acids by the liver at a greater rate than is glucose. When consumed in excess of dietary glucose, the liver cannot convert all of the excess of fructose in the system and it may be malabsorbed. What escapes conversion and being absorbed into the cells may be thrown out in the urine. Diarrhea can be a consequence.
Fructose also inhibits copper metabolism. A deficiency in copper leads to bone fragility, anemia, defects of the connective tissue, arteries, and bone, infertility, heart arrhythmias, high cholesterol levels, heart attacks, and an inability to control blood sugar levels.

2perfectboys

Fructose is NOT a healthier sugar! It is a commerical refined sugar, def not natural which from your first post I got the impression u were determined that natural was better than any man made prescription mecicatons or substances. By giving this amount at every meal I think u could be doing more harm. Do a search on Frutose harmul and u will discover all these.
Main reason to avoid fructose is because it is absorbed primarily in the jejunum and metabolized in the liver. Fructose is converted to fatty acids by the liver at a greater rate than is glucose. When consumed in excess of dietary glucose, the liver cannot convert all of the excess of fructose in the system and it may be malabsorbed. What escapes conversion and being absorbed into the cells may be thrown out in the urine. Diarrhea can be a consequence.
Fructose also inhibits copper metabolism. A deficiency in copper leads to bone fragility, anemia, defects of the connective tissue, arteries, and bone, infertility, heart arrhythmias, high cholesterol levels, heart attacks, and an inability to control blood sugar levels.

2perfectboys

karon72

I don't have an alternative form, but can just tell you that Zantac made a big difference in Erin's daily life. She suffered with gas pain & her enzymes were at the max. We tried Prilosec & she was extremely nauseous. The doc put her on 1/2 tablet of the lowest dose twice a day & her stools became dark, formed & sank to the bottom. She has not had to up her enzymes since. I can tell if she skips one...Zantac makes her belly more comfortable. She had a lot of stomach pain & had a hard time finding the right enzyme. Have you tried Pancreacarb?

karon72

I don't have an alternative form, but can just tell you that Zantac made a big difference in Erin's daily life. She suffered with gas pain & her enzymes were at the max. We tried Prilosec & she was extremely nauseous. The doc put her on 1/2 tablet of the lowest dose twice a day & her stools became dark, formed & sank to the bottom. She has not had to up her enzymes since. I can tell if she skips one...Zantac makes her belly more comfortable. She had a lot of stomach pain & had a hard time finding the right enzyme. Have you tried Pancreacarb?

karon72

JRPandTJP

I also came upon Apple Cider Vinegar for natural acid reduction. It works great for me and so far Ben has done well off his Pepcid. Glad you found this and posted...a wonderful alternative to drugs which do not work with your body to balance the acid production mechanism and can make it worse long term.

If you're interested in a good natural sweetner for something like this which is also low on the glycemic index try AGAVE NECTAR. This stuff is wonderful and similar to honey. We use this brand <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.madhavahoney.com/agave.htm
">http://www.madhavahoney.com/agave.htm
</a>
Another quick alternative for a more temporary upset would be BAking Soda. This has helped me in a pinch. Just 1/4 to 1/2 tsp in 4 oz water or juice is amazing at stopping acid tummy. It is also high in sodium so it would expect beneficial from that end, though would have to be careful for total daily sodium intake I would assume.

Thanks again for posting...Bragg's is my favorite as well.

Warmly,

JRPandTJP

I also came upon Apple Cider Vinegar for natural acid reduction. It works great for me and so far Ben has done well off his Pepcid. Glad you found this and posted...a wonderful alternative to drugs which do not work with your body to balance the acid production mechanism and can make it worse long term.

If you're interested in a good natural sweetner for something like this which is also low on the glycemic index try AGAVE NECTAR. This stuff is wonderful and similar to honey. We use this brand <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.madhavahoney.com/agave.htm
</a>
Another quick alternative for a more temporary upset would be BAking Soda. This has helped me in a pinch. Just 1/4 to 1/2 tsp in 4 oz water or juice is amazing at stopping acid tummy. It is also high in sodium so it would expect beneficial from that end, though would have to be careful for total daily sodium intake I would assume.

Warmly,

JRPandTJP

</a>

Warmly,

julie

We use "gripe water" for cassie, she's got some really bad reflux. Seems to help a lot with her. It's an herbal product.

julie

We use "gripe water" for cassie, she's got some really bad reflux. Seems to help a lot with her. It's an herbal product.

julie