1 year after transplant

jennyb

Hi! My name is Jenny and I am brand new to this sight.
I am 35 years years old with CF. I was diagnosed as a baby, because I have an older brother with it.
I have a wonderful husband and an awesome set of twins, Hallie and Walker who are 6. Times are busy.
All through my growing up I was basically normal. I was never hospitalized, never had a vest and didn't even have to nebulize.
MAny people didn't even know that I had a disease. But the corner turned about 10 years ago. My lung capacity just kept decreasing, and then
I had to start the vest and nebulize. Just about 4 years ago I had to start IV's. And then in June 2005 my lung colapsed. And then it was down hill
and I decided to go on the list. I was on for 2 months when I got the call.

My doctor had told me all the things that could go wrong, but not all. I was asleep for 5 weeks and then I woke up. During that time I had uncontrolable blood
pressure and that made my toes black. They thought I would loose my toes for sure- But I DIDN'T! I also had quite a few strokes that affected my left side.
I am totally recovered physically, but I do have some things with my speech. But nobody notices except me. The trach was the worst thing. But after I woke up
I pushed foreward, and then they had to close a hole in my heart. But all that went well.

It has been 1 1/2 years post. I am doing awesome! If somebody would have told me that I would feel this good, I would have thought they would be lying.
I am able to do anything with my kids, which I couldn't do before. It feels like I don't even have CF. It is the most amazing thing!

Jenny

jennyb

I am 35 years years old with CF. I was diagnosed as a baby, because I have an older brother with it.
I have a wonderful husband and an awesome set of twins, Hallie and Walker who are 6. Times are busy.
All through my growing up I was basically normal. I was never hospitalized, never had a vest and didn't even have to nebulize.
MAny people didn't even know that I had a disease. But the corner turned about 10 years ago. My lung capacity just kept decreasing, and then
I had to start the vest and nebulize. Just about 4 years ago I had to start IV's. And then in June 2005 my lung colapsed. And then it was down hill

My doctor had told me all the things that could go wrong, but not all. I was asleep for 5 weeks and then I woke up. During that time I had uncontrolable blood
pressure and that made my toes black. They thought I would loose my toes for sure- But I DIDN'T! I also had quite a few strokes that affected my left side.
I am totally recovered physically, but I do have some things with my speech. But nobody notices except me. The trach was the worst thing. But after I woke up
I pushed foreward, and then they had to close a hole in my heart. But all that went well.

It has been 1 1/2 years post. I am doing awesome! If somebody would have told me that I would feel this good, I would have thought they would be lying.
I am able to do anything with my kids, which I couldn't do before. It feels like I don't even have CF. It is the most amazing thing!

Jenny

jennyb

Jenny

jennyb

Jenny

jennyb

Jenny

EnergyGal

Congratulations Jenny! Tx anniversaries are Special.

I am with you on the Trach. Once you get moving, you are weaned off quickly. I had two transplants. My first was when I was 36 and my second happened when I turned 46. I am now over two years out on my second tx.

Take care of yourself
Risa

EnergyGal

I am with you on the Trach. Once you get moving, you are weaned off quickly. I had two transplants. My first was when I was 36 and my second happened when I turned 46. I am now over two years out on my second tx.

Take care of yourself
Risa

EnergyGal

Take care of yourself
Risa

EnergyGal

Take care of yourself
Risa

EnergyGal

Take care of yourself
Risa