1 year old, bad breath, bacteria?

camperscove

My son's bad breath turned out to be from esophogeal (sp?) thrush which is fairly common with inhaled steroids. He had been on Flovent for 2 years before we had any issues. It was treated with an oral solution that was pretty high maintenance, if I remember right he had to take it 4 times per day. We chose to discontinue/switch meds as well as treat the thrush and noticed dramatic results after only a few days. He had also been doing this throat clearing and shoulder shrugging motion basically because his throat was itching which also went away soon after treatment. Really, I think that thrush was a guess and there aren't any definitive diagnostic tools, not that that helps you but it's something to think about! Good luck!

ashmomo

She was admitted from clinic on Tues for IV abx and steroids. Still no pinpoint to the bad breath, have not gotten the culture results yet. I will find out Monday about them. Thanks for all the ideas...

ashmomo

She was admitted from clinic on Tues for IV abx and steroids. Still no pinpoint to the bad breath, have not gotten the culture results yet. I will find out Monday about them. Thanks for all the ideas...

ashmomo