11 just found out i have cf

robert321

hey i'm robert i wasn't diagnosed with cf until i was 14, i had the digestive problems all my life and it just wasn't caught by my doctor, i got the lung problems when i was about 10 and my doctor still missed the cf, it wasn't until i was camping and got really sick from all the smoke i was around camping that my dr sent me to a pulmonologist who figured out the cf in about 5 minutes. i was really mad at my regular dr and don't go to him anymore, if he had found the cf a long time ago i might have been able to delay the onset of symptoms but what is done is done, although there is no excuse for missing it that long i forgive him and i'm just glad its diagnosed now and i'm getting treatment.

Being diagnosed with something like cf can be a real strain on your mental health, i had problems coping with it for about 6 months, just know that now you are being treated and hopefully feel better, you will become more comfortable with your cf as time goes on but don't let it get you down, its who you are and you shouldn't be ashamed about it.

If you need someone to talk to just send me a private message

robert321

hey i'm robert i wasn't diagnosed with cf until i was 14, i had the digestive problems all my life and it just wasn't caught by my doctor, i got the lung problems when i was about 10 and my doctor still missed the cf, it wasn't until i was camping and got really sick from all the smoke i was around camping that my dr sent me to a pulmonologist who figured out the cf in about 5 minutes. i was really mad at my regular dr and don't go to him anymore, if he had found the cf a long time ago i might have been able to delay the onset of symptoms but what is done is done, although there is no excuse for missing it that long i forgive him and i'm just glad its diagnosed now and i'm getting treatment.

Being diagnosed with something like cf can be a real strain on your mental health, i had problems coping with it for about 6 months, just know that now you are being treated and hopefully feel better, you will become more comfortable with your cf as time goes on but don't let it get you down, its who you are and you shouldn't be ashamed about it.

If you need someone to talk to just send me a private message

izemmom

Ok. I am not a person with cf, I am a mom to a one year old with cf. I just had to post to tell all of you guys that I think you are awesome. You speak./write so well about your cf. I am so impressed. You probably hear this all the time, but you guys are waaaaayyy ahead of most kids in terms of your maturity! Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for reminding me that my daughter will grow up to be a "normal" kid like you!

izemmom

Ok. I am not a person with cf, I am a mom to a one year old with cf. I just had to post to tell all of you guys that I think you are awesome. You speak./write so well about your cf. I am so impressed. You probably hear this all the time, but you guys are waaaaayyy ahead of most kids in terms of your maturity! Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for reminding me that my daughter will grow up to be a "normal" kid like you!

izemmom

beatCF

hi my name is Holly. im 9 yrs. old your nice if you want to talk to me I have a new topic called beatcf or hollywyant@msn.com.

beatCF

hi my name is Holly. im 9 yrs. old your nice if you want to talk to me I have a new topic called beatcf or hollywyant@msn.com.

beatCF

krissy11

i am 11 and i have cf i was diagnosed when i was 3 months old and i just found out about this website email me and i can tell you all about it.
krystaandkaden@yahoo.com

krissy11

i am 11 and i have cf i was diagnosed when i was 3 months old and i just found out about this website email me and i can tell you all about it.
krystaandkaden@yahoo.com

krissy11

krystaandkaden@yahoo.com

star16

Hi Holly, I don't know anyonw with CF either so this is really cool that I can talk to somone who has it besides me. I was diagnosed at three years old, and as of right now i'm 12. It's hard dealing with it sometimes especially with taking the pills. Sometimes I wish that I was like a regular kid, and other times i'm glad that I have it because it makes me push myself to be healthy, almost like a good challenge, which i'm always up for! Do you play sports? I just got done with field hockey, now i'm playing basketball and snowboarding. In the spring I play softball. I love basketball! It's always agressive, and exciting. Plus, I love to run! I'm one of the fastest kids in my school. Well anyway, I'm here if you want to talk! Bye!

star16

Hi Holly, I don't know anyonw with CF either so this is really cool that I can talk to somone who has it besides me. I was diagnosed at three years old, and as of right now i'm 12. It's hard dealing with it sometimes especially with taking the pills. Sometimes I wish that I was like a regular kid, and other times i'm glad that I have it because it makes me push myself to be healthy, almost like a good challenge, which i'm always up for! Do you play sports? I just got done with field hockey, now i'm playing basketball and snowboarding. In the spring I play softball. I love basketball! It's always agressive, and exciting. Plus, I love to run! I'm one of the fastest kids in my school. Well anyway, I'm here if you want to talk! Bye!

star16