11 month old

sdavis227

Parker is now 11 mos. old and obviously starting to try many foods. Last time DH and I went shopping we made sure to find as many fatty things as we could find. I was just wondering, for those who have gone through this stage, what are the fatty foods that your little one seemed to like?

For the most part, he eats:

Yo Baby with fruit and cereal
Whole milk cottage cheese
Hot dogs (peeled)
French fries
Pudding (w/whole milk)
Chicken or anything we have for dinner
The little entrees that you find in the baby isle

Of course, we feed him other things, but he usually has at least one of these per day...
So, looking for more ideas for fatty foods.
Thanks!

sdavis227

Parker is now 11 mos. old and obviously starting to try many foods. Last time DH and I went shopping we made sure to find as many fatty things as we could find. I was just wondering, for those who have gone through this stage, what are the fatty foods that your little one seemed to like?

Hot dogs (peeled)
French fries
Pudding (w/whole milk)

Of course, we feed him other things, but he usually has at least one of these per day...
Thanks!

sdavis227

Hot dogs (peeled)
French fries
Pudding (w/whole milk)

Thanks!

sdavis227

Hot dogs (peeled)
French fries
Pudding (w/whole milk)

Thanks!

sdavis227

Hot dogs (peeled)
French fries
Pudding (w/whole milk)

Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At daycare from 6 months on, DS got whatever the other kids were having -- ground up. His doctor told us at the time to try to skip the babyfood step 'cuz most baby foods were low fat & sodium; however, I still got him step two mac & cheese, oatmeal with pears and a few others, just added salt and butter.

Mac and cheese -- I'd get easy mac and add butter and cream. Mashed potatoes and gravy.

I got a baby food grinder and ground up cans of chicken ala king, chicken & dumplings. He loved those little microwavable cans of soup -- brocolli cheese and bean soup were his favorites. Spagettios. Ditto with canned lasagna -- though he did have issues with ground beef and would make gagging noises. I'd stand in the grocery aisle laughing at the irony -- always having read labels in the past trying to find low fat, low calorie alternatives for us and now I'm trying to find things with the highest calorie content.

We started adding cream to his formula and other foods.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At daycare from 6 months on, DS got whatever the other kids were having -- ground up. His doctor told us at the time to try to skip the babyfood step 'cuz most baby foods were low fat & sodium; however, I still got him step two mac & cheese, oatmeal with pears and a few others, just added salt and butter.

Mac and cheese -- I'd get easy mac and add butter and cream. Mashed potatoes and gravy.

I got a baby food grinder and ground up cans of chicken ala king, chicken & dumplings. He loved those little microwavable cans of soup -- brocolli cheese and bean soup were his favorites. Spagettios. Ditto with canned lasagna -- though he did have issues with ground beef and would make gagging noises. I'd stand in the grocery aisle laughing at the irony -- always having read labels in the past trying to find low fat, low calorie alternatives for us and now I'm trying to find things with the highest calorie content.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

owensmom

My son, Owen, is 10 months with CF, and one thing he eats well is cheese grits. They're pretty high in fat and calories, and I'm trying to get him used to the taste of cheese, since I plan on putting it on everything possible. Other than that, I just add butter to everything.

owensmom

My son, Owen, is 10 months with CF, and one thing he eats well is cheese grits. They're pretty high in fat and calories, and I'm trying to get him used to the taste of cheese, since I plan on putting it on everything possible. Other than that, I just add butter to everything.

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom

owensmom