just1more

Choosing to see life for what it is, not for what it isn't

Wow.

That is an awsome way to explain life. Whether it be life w/CF or life w/o at the end of the day we are all here and none know when it will end.

As a father of a cystic rather than having CF, I can only imagine but I have to agree with your thought that it just means you have to live each day and not worry about tomorrow until it gets here.

Our son has had a rough start in life and yes, his days are numbered, and they may be less than mine (assuming no busses come along). When we adopted him the social workers all seemed really hung on up this. Frankly, our opinion was then "doesn't that mean he needs a family and a life more, not less"

I think you captured this thought, and some real insight into the importance of living life, not dying from it.

Thank you,

just1more

Wow.

That is an awsome way to explain life. Whether it be life w/CF or life w/o at the end of the day we are all here and none know when it will end.

As a father of a cystic rather than having CF, I can only imagine but I have to agree with your thought that it just means you have to live each day and not worry about tomorrow until it gets here.

Our son has had a rough start in life and yes, his days are numbered, and they may be less than mine (assuming no busses come along). When we adopted him the social workers all seemed really hung on up this. Frankly, our opinion was then "doesn't that mean he needs a family and a life more, not less"

I think you captured this thought, and some real insight into the importance of living life, not dying from it.

Thank you,

just1more

Wow.

Thank you,

just1more

Wow.

Thank you,

just1more

Wow.
<br />
<br />That is an awsome way to explain life. Whether it be life w/CF or life w/o at the end of the day we are all here and none know when it will end.
<br />
<br />As a father of a cystic rather than having CF, I can only imagine but I have to agree with your thought that it just means you have to live each day and not worry about tomorrow until it gets here.
<br />
<br />Our son has had a rough start in life and yes, his days are numbered, and they may be less than mine (assuming no busses come along). When we adopted him the social workers all seemed really hung on up this. Frankly, our opinion was then "doesn't that mean he needs a family and a life more, not less"
<br />
<br />I think you captured this thought, and some real insight into the importance of living life, not dying from it.
<br />
<br />Thank you,

Skye

this is a great attitude and that has worked for you......that's awesome! I have heard many others with this viewpoint and the "anyone can get run over by a bus tomorrow" theory. Basically just stating that none of us knows when our time is. Just a different viewpoint I'll put out there......the one I tend to embrace. I have never looked at CF as something that brought great wisdom or perspective to me. I see it as something that stands in the way of me and my destiny or purpose in this life. That gives me the fight I need to be consistent with therapy and aggressive when I need to be. I see it as something to be defeated and beat down. I always make plans for tomorrow and set long-term goals to give myself something to reach for. Stomping on CF is the attitude that I tend to keep. I also think it is interesting that a lot of people assume that terminal or chronic illness tends to bring out the best character in people. I have seen many a grumpy and unenlightened sick person and I have also seen many people who have never been sick a day in their life with tremendous perspective on life. I'd like to think all of us on this forum would be awesome people CF or no CF. I am interested to hear what other's perspectives tend to be and what has worked for them.

Skye

this is a great attitude and that has worked for you......that's awesome! I have heard many others with this viewpoint and the "anyone can get run over by a bus tomorrow" theory. Basically just stating that none of us knows when our time is. Just a different viewpoint I'll put out there......the one I tend to embrace. I have never looked at CF as something that brought great wisdom or perspective to me. I see it as something that stands in the way of me and my destiny or purpose in this life. That gives me the fight I need to be consistent with therapy and aggressive when I need to be. I see it as something to be defeated and beat down. I always make plans for tomorrow and set long-term goals to give myself something to reach for. Stomping on CF is the attitude that I tend to keep. I also think it is interesting that a lot of people assume that terminal or chronic illness tends to bring out the best character in people. I have seen many a grumpy and unenlightened sick person and I have also seen many people who have never been sick a day in their life with tremendous perspective on life. I'd like to think all of us on this forum would be awesome people CF or no CF. I am interested to hear what other's perspectives tend to be and what has worked for them.

Skye

Skye

Skye